Forums

Miscellaneous

Rating or Ability points

Posted in General

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 17 May 2022, 17:51
Which makes the difference? Or which is the match engine working off?

Cant Score (Hello) 18 May 2022, 16:01
Understated Excellence wrote:
Both have relevance. I believe the match engine uses the ability points, however different ability points are relevant for different players completing different actions hence the rating number. No point in a defender having 100 finishing if he can't tackle.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1146530-the-match-engine

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 18 May 2022, 16:58
Interesting read thanks.never seen that before

The Goon Squad (Very) 19 May 2022, 07:29
Well obviously if the abilities are developed optimally then the rating will obviously go up optimally, so in theory I guess it goes off both but it is the abilities that are the most important, no point in a defender with extremely good finishing but terrible tackling.

The Goon Squad (Very) 19 May 2022, 07:36
Cant Score wrote:
Understated Excellence wrote:
Both have relevance. I believe the match engine uses the ability points, however different ability points are relevant for different players completing different actions hence the rating number. No point in a defender having 100 finishing if he can't tackle.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1146530-the-match-engine
I didn't read this before commenting, we said very similar things smiley

Final Whistle (join) 23 May 2022, 16:47
What good is an advanced match engine if all you can set as tactics are limited choices and the result of the match doesn't show the impact of your choice as a manager?
It's the reason I quit playing and will resume once the implementations on the tactics and match viewer are done... it's sad but it is what it is, I really liked the concepts developed in this game but after struggling at the top and not having any way to progress other than brute force on the transfer list, have decided against investing 20hrs+ on this game, as I'm not employed part time by VMAN.