Forums

Miscellaneous

Mass Buying with intent to destroy a rival

Posted in General

Sparky city (Thomas Sparkhall) 11 June 2022, 12:44
What do we think about this? It's just happened to me...

Basically,
You're winning the league, but it's a close title race.
Another club then buys 5 of your key players on the Transfer List with the sole intent to bring you under 11 players with the hope that you lose the next few games so they win the League.

Nothing against the rules I don't think? But isn't this just dirty play?
Also, buying my players for prices way over what they're worth.

Just a shame.

Anyway, managed to get a player in to make up numbers for the last few fixtures.

Unbelievable Jeff (Ryan) 11 June 2022, 12:56
Short answer is I wouldn’t transfer list your players if you cannot manage selling multiple at once.

Sparky city (Thomas Sparkhall) 11 June 2022, 13:01
Unbelievable Jeff wrote:
Short answer is I wouldn’t transfer list your players if you cannot manage selling multiple at once.
Yeh
But...
No one expect to lose 5 players by the transfer list in the space of 5 minutes.
That only happens when 1 team has the intent to purposely diminish my squad

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 11 June 2022, 15:39
First off, it was only 4 players, and he paid less than value for 3 of them. Total price of what he paid was less than 1.5M. Not a big deal for many teams. It drives me personally mad when I see teams that only carry 11 players. I wish this would happen to all teams carrying a minimal squad. Spend some money and get some subs, that simple. Sorry, but I can`t feel bad for ya, even though that seems his intended purpose. But he did nothing wrong and I hope a lesson is learned here. But I doubt it.

Unbelievable Jeff (Ryan) 11 June 2022, 18:49
Sparky city wrote:
Unbelievable Jeff wrote:
Yeh
But...
No one expect to lose 5 players by the transfer list in the space of 5 minutes.
That only happens when 1 team has the intent to purposely diminish my squad
I just wouldn’t transfer list them. There’s an intent there from your end to be happy with the price you listed them at.

Without sounding like an arse I have little sympathy for anyone who transfer lists players at low prices.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 11 June 2022, 18:53
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
It drives me personally mad when I see teams that only carry 11 players. I wish this would happen to all teams carrying a minimal squad. Spend some money and get some subs, that simple.
Well, he did have 17 players at start of day but yeah, very risky to carry only 11 players if transfer listed. Even an injury could happen during a game.

KZR LEGION FC (Sean Taylor l FINALLY WCTF) 11 June 2022, 19:21
Sparky city wrote:
What do we think about this? It's just happened to me...

Basically,
You're winning the league, but it's a close title race.
Another club then buys 5 of your key players on the Transfer List with the sole intent to bring you under 11 players with the hope that you lose the next few games so they win the League.

Nothing against the rules I don't think? But isn't this just dirty play?
Also, buying my players for prices way over what they're worth.

Just a shame.

Anyway, managed to get a player in to make up numbers for the last few fixtures.
Someone got inspiration from that guy a few seasons ago who bought someone else's players to win the NCC smiley

Look, I get you - it's frustrating, but I'll explain to you what I do:

- If I genuinely wanted to win a league, I would NOT TL anyone, or if I do, make sure that the price is really expensive so its worth it.
- If I don't care, I keep them on T/L at a nice profit.

There's always a risk people will be cheeky pr*cks and buy your players but that's only if you let them smiley

Seems like you escaped the damage but just keep your T/L, profit, and league strategies in mind when making these decisions smiley

Sparky city (Thomas Sparkhall) 11 June 2022, 19:29
Firstly:

Just wanna say
I’ve been in contact with the guy and he’s been super genuine and it wasn’t his intent to ruin my season.

Proper genuine person.

KZR LEGION FC (Sean Taylor l FINALLY WCTF) 11 June 2022, 19:31
Oh of course not, he just happened to buy that many players against his rival near the end of the season smiley

Sparky city (Thomas Sparkhall) 11 June 2022, 19:31
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
First off, it was only 4 players, and he paid less than value for 3 of them. Total price of what he paid was less than 1.5M. Not a big deal for many teams. It drives me personally mad when I see teams that only carry 11 players. I wish this would happen to all teams carrying a minimal squad. Spend some money and get some subs, that simple. Sorry, but I can`t feel bad for ya, even though that seems his intended purpose. But he did nothing wrong and I hope a lesson is learned here. But I doubt it.
So he actually triggered the auction of 5 players.

It’s ok for those teams who pay to win and have more player slots but I had 17 players which is a decent amount.
The day before I had 19.
Had lots of subs.