Forums

Miscellaneous

Shoutbox

Posted in General

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 18 June 2023, 12:55
Nobody's shouting much anymore haha

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 18 June 2023, 15:50
Nobody is doing much of anything anymore. I`ll check the auctions occasionally, look for a player 25 and under with the amount $25M, and all that comes up is guys that couldn`t sit my bench. And the other night, a grand total of 30 people were here online. I can`t recall ever seeing it that low. Yours is the first post on the General Board in like 4 days. Pretty pathetic.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 18 June 2023, 17:39
The general malaise of the game is a real concern and apathy towards it maybe self inflected with dwindling fresh uptake of the game I see a bleak future maybe 2-5 yrs at best and more clubs calling it day .
With less membership + less quality players will become available on auctions the 15 yr old market is ridiculous over valued which is stopping clubs developing , I would hate to start at the bottom rung of the ladder now and properly quit after a month . Also with senior players they start deteriorating to early absolutely killed that market .

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 18 June 2023, 17:52
I agree. Players starting to deteriorate at 28-29 was and remains bizarre, especially compared to the good things they could have done to improve the game instead. Rolf

Osbaston Tigers (Russell) 18 June 2023, 19:21
I poke my head on and glance most days, but I'm nowhere near as involved or invested as I was.
Not sure exactly the reason or combination of reason, be it how life is at the moment, lack of friends competing, tiredness with the game and format after all the years. I dunno really. I've been sort of just ticking days since I packed up the all Finnish approach.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 18 June 2023, 19:44
I agree, deterioration is too early and a mechanism they could adjust

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 18 June 2023, 21:40
I think there's a lot of players who've been around a while now. Not much left to say that hasn't already been said. The forums used to be a major reason to get involved.

Unbelievable Jeff (Ryan) 20 June 2023, 19:36
Issue is (from someone who doesn’t actually play but regularly checks in for updates), the forums years ago used to be one of the biggest reasons people were hooked, even though the game itself isn’t great.

Now the forum activity has gone, they are reliant on people being hooked on the game itself.

Unfortunately you look at the blog posts from the developers and what’s due to come isn’t going to get new players hooked. Being brunt it’s about 5 years of development time (especially at this pace) away from where it needs to be.

Genuinely do not see it being around in 2 years.

Conors Wizards (Conor Monk) 20 June 2023, 20:06
When you have a football manager game and actually watching the matches doesn't interest anyone because the match engine is shocking it's never going to succeed unfortunately. Only time I ever watched matches was when the 2D engine was here and it was a breath of fresh air compared to what it is now

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 20 June 2023, 20:21
Everyone has only so long to spend on hobbies
Most people find more entertaining hobbies unfortunately

I think alot of us decade old (or longer) teams, it's a habit but not an enjoyable one