Forums

Miscellaneous

What football team do you support?

Posted in General

St Johnstone (WilliamFrazer) 6 July 2023, 09:37
St Johnstone (Scotland) been here since the Championship & witnessed a Promotion , 3 Major cups in Scotland including a double away from the Old Firm which really in this day is wild to even think that season happened, now we currently look doomed and could be in for another relegation battle this season.

Super Owls (Adam) 6 July 2023, 18:01
St Johnstone wrote:
St Johnstone (Scotland) been here since the Championship & witnessed a Promotion , 3 Major cups in Scotland including a double away from the Old Firm which really in this day is wild to even think that season happened, now we currently look doomed and could be in for another relegation battle this season.
Good old Stevie May. I was desperate for him to do well at us. Just never seemed to get up to the level, great guy though met him a few times.

Question, do you think more needs to be done in Scotland to help the lesser teams? to compete with Rangers and Celtic

St Johnstone (WilliamFrazer) 9 July 2023, 09:15
Wombwell Town wrote:
St Johnstone wrote:
Good old Stevie May. I was desperate for him to do well at us. Just never seemed to get up to the level, great guy though met him a few times.

Question, do you think more needs to be done in Scotland to help the lesser teams? to compete with Rangers and Celtic
Can never doubt his work ethic, was a class player pre injuries & his numbers as a young one for us were incredible .

More does need to be done, but the gap will never be bridged. However Aberdeen look a club moving in the correct direction. Old firm just generate so much more income that it'll always be a 2 horse race and the rest of us scramble for european football.

Perinthos (ReallyOldGuy) 9 July 2023, 20:49
Coventry City although I'm more of a follower than a supporter. I lost interest after Strachan's disastrous tenure and all the problems that caused. I'll shall be watching more closely next season though. Mark Robins has been doing a remarkable job. Fingers crossed that he continues to do so.

Canterbury City (Steve Ansell) 10 July 2023, 00:14
Manchester United - since the late 1970s, so seen them go from relative obscurity to glory and back again !! Eric Cantona one of the most influential footballers of the modern game. Sheer class.

A Z Magma (floki) 11 July 2023, 00:18
Arsenal 1st game at highbury v bolton love at first sight seeing the green pitch was in the seats with my dad when i was 8 many many years ago now!mid table team back then but i suppose thats as hard as ive had it compared to some on here!

A Z Magma (floki) 16 July 2023, 14:32
Solihull Moors FC wrote:
Similar to a few others, i have picked up a number of teams on my travels during my life so far.

I have always been an Arsenal fan since i was a kid, so i'd say outright that is who i support.

Royal Antwerp were my local team in Belgium, and having moved to the UK i have picked up Linlithgow Rose (Edinburgh, Scotland), Birmingham City and Solihull Moors.

I have also got a soft spot for Dorking Wanderers thanks to YouTube, so i would strongly recommend watching their YouTube documentary series produced by the account 'Bunch of Amateurs' following them everywhere, every season. It's like a much more relatable All or Nothing series.
on season 3 now mate ta for heads up good viewing!

Forest Drive Athletic (Ben) 24 July 2023, 19:15
Wigan ⚪️