Forums

Miscellaneous

The best age to sell

Posted in General

FC Scol (Charlie) 7 September 2023, 15:16
Might be a bit of a specific one that not many will have gone through I’m guessing due to it being boring smiley

I first came onto this game probably like over 15 years ago now I’m guessing (without checking) and I never manage to stay for a prolonged period and end up away for months/years. When I came back on a year or so ago and decided to make a better go of it, I managed to get from 40m and PTF to WCTF with maybe 120m or so spare and it was going fairly well. I lost the time again due to other commitments so couldn’t make the coins from flipping like I was so decided to buy young players and see how long I could train them for because then I only have to come on and train rather than spend time on the market. That’s been going okay as well I guess as my club has doubled in value from around 120m and is now 267m (although I’ve added the odd player here and there).

Was just wondering if there’s a right age or what is the best age to sell and maybe start over again or whether there’s more value in keeping them until they hit their peak sort of thing. Had a player jump from 16m to 24m last week that was all and then after his birthday went back to down 16m so was just wondering to my self whether I’d missed a golden opportunity to bank.

My original plan was to keep them all the way and see how far they could take me and if they’d keep me back in the top divisions and bank all the ticket money, prize money etc etc and whether that’d be the better way to go at it.

Ps - sorry for the life story here smiley

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 7 September 2023, 16:40
if you buying 15yr youth players maybe 21 is good time to sell it all depends on the quality or your keep your players 26 -27yrs sell for most after 28 if they are outstanding past that prices generally drop significantly
Personally, I keep the majority of my players and add few better along the way

FC Scol (Charlie) 7 September 2023, 18:55
Yeah I was just curious to see if anyone noticed an age where their values start to decrease etc. Mine are still going up constantly now but didn’t want to miss out. Cheers for the reply

AFC Redhill (Alex Hatton) 8 September 2023, 00:37
If you look at the top player values under the 'world' tab you should get a good idea of how value changes over each age group

FC Scol (Charlie) 8 September 2023, 08:13
AFC Redhill wrote:
If you look at the top player values under the 'world' tab you should get a good idea of how value changes over each age group
That’s probably a much easier solution to my life story of a post. Thank you smiley

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 10 September 2023, 16:38
Player value is a very loose guide on when to sell though. I’ve always found what Coptic said to be true, although normally the quickest/ highest value buys we’re buying at 16-18 and selling at around 22-23 or buying 22-25 and selling at around 26/27.