Forums

Miscellaneous

Hello again

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 16 October 2023, 17:25
How is everyone?
I've been connecting on and off since I stopped actively playing.
I see no (positive) advancements have been made so probably won't stick around this time either.

Some food for thought what make the game interesting for returning managers, which are in the thousands probably more that connect at least every few months:

Currently the game is setup as pay to play/compete/win, with zero flexibility, which surely doesn't make the return favorable.
Having lower stadium after you paid for it especially is the main limiting factor
Training daily, for a returning manager is not an habitude anymore, nor is connecting daily.
Limitations on TG/Trainers sucks as well, limiting the quality of the players that make sense to buy, use.
Limitation in squad capacity.

I can live without being able to draft players but limitations above make no sense making this game dead for returning manager. Not sure what the gain/loss could be if returning clubs could have access to these features while still bringing in some add revenue.

I am playing another manager since then and I managed to reach the limits of the team I've been given (there you don't start from zero, an below average team is provided, including youth). I'm paying for premium there for now but it's about to run out and I'm considering stopping it.

I said more in a press release before quitting: https://www.virtualmanager.com/clubs/1284162/press_releases/134156

Currently I'm considering playing here also casually but this is a lot more demanding in time and ressources, and with the limitations above I'm really not sure if I'll stick around.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 17 October 2023, 01:01
Like anything else you pay for in life. It's upto you to decide if you feel the benefits of premium in this game is worth it.

If you don't feel that then keep playing for free with the limitations and set your expectations lower in terms of what it is possible to achieve as an amateur team

Welcome back btw

Final Whistle (join) 19 October 2023, 12:05
Yeah, I don't mean to complain for me personally I think there would be a real benefit for the entire community of managers in terms of gameplay.
As I said, I'll probably won't stick around, I got used to connecting 3 times a week on the other manager it seems i've missed more than half the season here.
Just that balancing out increased Add revenue from advertising might be a way to offset some of these limitations, allowing for less pay to win feeling for managers and getting the game more rejuvenated.
Some of the managers that are returning, after a while of constant playing will surely convert to premium. now what that range would be is anyone' guess but I'd wage it's more than 10%...

Final Whistle (join) 21 October 2023, 00:44
Seems like market is deader than a year ago... especially on the bottom

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 21 October 2023, 13:43
Market is completely dead.

Remember to look at the transfer list though! It seems like most people just look at the auctions rather than the transfer list.

A player can sit on the list for a few days chronically under value until someone notices them, then suddenly BOOM loads of people put in bids on the auction.

Anyway, I'm off so check out the players if you want any.

Cheers!

Sockport County (Geoffrey) 21 October 2023, 16:39
That is true. I have watched people bidding on players in auctions when there is players similar on transfer list for less. While they are fighting over the auction player I bid the other. I always check the prices on there before I put a large bid on anything in the auctions.

I transfer list players I want to sell unless I want to get rid fast and it can be hard to compete with what is on there. No auction fees.