Forums

Miscellaneous

Scouts

Posted in General

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 3 February 2024, 20:10
Despite it being greatly inferior, does anyone else avoid using scouts and opt for the good old fashioned method of wasting your time? Joking aside, I find it more fun to just browse

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 3 February 2024, 21:53
Alpha Wolf wrote:
Despite it being greatly inferior, does anyone else avoid using scouts and opt for the good old fashioned method of wasting your time? Joking aside, I find it more fun to just browse
I`ve never employed a scout, unless it was gifted at Christmas time. I think most people probably use it looking for untrained youth and such. Just not my thing. While I wouldn`t consider it 'fun', I do spend most of my free time here browsing the Transfer Lists. My favorite part is when I decide to bid on a player I may have short-listed weeks ago, only to have some lazy ass outbid me during my 15 minute auction. In essence, I`ve done all the work finding the player that fits my needs, just to have him grabbed up the moment I turn my back.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 3 February 2024, 22:10
I don't use scouts either.
And I've done very nicely thank you without them. smiley

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 5 February 2024, 01:44
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
Alpha Wolf wrote:
I`ve never employed a scout, unless it was gifted at Christmas time. I think most people probably use it looking for untrained youth and such. Just not my thing. While I wouldn`t consider it 'fun', I do spend most of my free time here browsing the Transfer Lists. My favorite part is when I decide to bid on a player I may have short-listed weeks ago, only to have some lazy ass outbid me during my 15 minute auction. In essence, I`ve done all the work finding the player that fits my needs, just to have him grabbed up the moment I turn my back.
Yeah, there's nothing worse. I don't think scouts are overpowered by any means. I just like the satisfaction of finding a nice hidden steal!

Alpha Wolf (Lewis Taylor Brent) 5 February 2024, 01:46
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I don't use scouts either.
And I've done very nicely thank you without them. smiley
Very well indeed, amazing Club. 😁

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 5 February 2024, 05:00
Employed some when they first came into the game and quickly decided they weren't adding anything to my approach. Since then only used during the advent calendar at Xmas and not always at that. Dare say some players get benefit from them.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 5 February 2024, 23:37
Why do you need to scout when you know which managers offer a fair price and which are ripping you off?

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 6 February 2024, 00:47
You only really need a scout(s) if you are trading/operating in the promising-enormous end of the youth markets consistently.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 6 February 2024, 13:51
Solihull Moors FC wrote:
You only really need a scout(s) if you are trading/operating in the promising-enormous end of the youth markets consistently.
This is definitely true

West End Warriors (TinTin) 13 February 2024, 02:17
Have also been a bit ambivalent about using Scouts. I think their judgement of promise is a bit more reliable than training statistics alone but worth paying a high daily wage for? Not sure. I notice that people at the top of the game often use lots and lots of Scouts though.

Anyway, I'm trying a new Scout out at the moment. Can anyone tell me what PP means in the Scout report?