Forums

Miscellaneous

result?

Posted in General

Chittle Chiefs FC (Daz) 3 January 2011, 17:41
http://www.virtualmanager.com/matches/318037/summary

This result seems very unfair. I don't think his team is any better than mine. I'm playing at home and his team had a player sent off............so why the big defeat?
Any ideas? Anything I've missed?

Deleted club 3 January 2011, 17:55
you have loads of players playing out of position

Chittle Chiefs FC (Daz) 3 January 2011, 18:01
No I don't. They are all within their own preferred areas

Deleted club 3 January 2011, 18:17
ok, my mistake, just looked again and the other team has some better players

Deleted club 3 January 2011, 18:19
Too be fair, he was 4-0 up before he got a man sent off.

Chittle Chiefs FC (Daz) 3 January 2011, 18:41
no worries, mate.

I did check, though............hahaha
Looking at the teams I would say they are fairly even......half my team is better and half his team is better.

Yes he was 4-0 before the red card, but even that seems harsh.

Maybe the game prefers his formation to mine? Is it best to have 2 strikers instead of one and a player behind? Maybe it's a freak result?

I'm not that bothered, but I am interested in improving so helping me to understand results like this helps.

Moody Bow (Sccoby Doo no clue) 3 January 2011, 19:34
The main issue are your instructions to your players. You appear to have one of your CD playing defensive, I think - or perhaps your CD is just incredibly slow, and you have your strikers and your MC's playing offensively. This leaves a huge gap in the middle of the park for him to exploit on any set piece (goal kick etc).

EDIT - Your DL and DR seem glued to the touchline as well - never a good setting imo.

Low Achievers (Aaron) 3 January 2011, 19:37
I don't use any strikers. :| But my team seems to be doing fine as my FL and FR are the furthest infield ou can get with an MO playing just behind them. smiley

Haven't lost yet, but I expect that to change by tonight! smiley

Chittle Chiefs FC (Daz) 3 January 2011, 21:00
Thanks for the info Moody Bow........just checked and I did have my defence set to different instructions........................changing now.

Moody Bow (Sccoby Doo no clue) 3 January 2011, 22:37
You're welcome mate. Good luck.