Forums

Miscellaneous

Old -> New Conversion

Posted in General

Rhythm FC (MMM) 30 March 2015, 13:42
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Yhe distribution shouldn't make any difference to converting one total number into a total % though?

I just checked one of my supers who had 217% increase but only scored 6.03 on old training - http://www.virtualmanager.com/players/9858310-ingalvur-bjarnason/training << 27/03 training
it does make a difference as far as i'm aware - 1 sec i'll pull up some examples for you

Rhythm FC (MMM) 30 March 2015, 13:43
**** Iron wrote:
My DR trained at 3.97 & 46%. Is it because I trained in defending?
please note that the graph will only be valid from today unless you are comparing past aerobic trains with homogeneous stat distributions

Deleted club 30 March 2015, 13:44
What I'm saying is the percentage shows how much a players stats have increased so surely they will be different for all depending on what the stats were before the train?

Deleted club 30 March 2015, 13:44
Rhythm FC wrote:
**** Iron wrote:
please note that the graph will only be valid from today unless you are comparing past aerobic trains with homogeneous stat distributions
Ah ok

I'm confused. I'm going back to work and I'll look at it tonight.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 March 2015, 13:45
Rhythm FC wrote:
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Yhe distribution shouldn't make any difference to converting one total number into a total % though?

I just checked one of my supers who had 217% increase but only scored 6.03 on old training - http://www.virtualmanager.com/players/9858310-ingalvur-bjarnason/training << 27/03 training
it does make a difference as far as i'm aware - 1 sec i'll pull up some examples for you
Just found one in the super I posted a minute ago (25/02) - 89% 89% 89% on aerobic, so perfectly even distribution... and it converts almost exactly using your chart - 266% = 8.51

Rhythm FC (MMM) 30 March 2015, 13:46
Rhythm FC wrote:
Dothraki Horde wrote:

http://www.virtualmanager.com/players/9597013-halim-alp/training

check 2/19 as there appears to be (could still be slightly different due to rounding) a homogeneous distribution. it gives the correct coversion to +/- the propagation of errors.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 March 2015, 13:47
**** Iron wrote:
What I'm saying is the percentage shows how much a players stats have increased so surely they will be different for all depending on what the stats were before the train?
No, that's irrelevant. It shows how much of one bar the stats have increased so the starting point is automatically zero and then the percentage is calculated, regardless of the % in the bar already.

Dunno if that made sense, but I know what I'm trying to say!

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 March 2015, 13:50
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
Dothraki Horde wrote:

Just found one in the super I posted a minute ago (25/02) - 89% 89% 89% on aerobic, so perfectly even distribution... and it converts almost exactly using your chart - 266% = 8.51
28/01 is also fairly homogenous on aerobic. Converts properly again, so this conversion chart seems to be accurate. My maths comprehension doesn't extend to figuring out why it doesn't convert uneven aerobic trains correctly though smiley

Rhythm FC (MMM) 30 March 2015, 13:59
**** Iron wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
**** Iron wrote:
Ah ok

I'm confused. I'm going back to work and I'll look at it tonight.
the answer will be fairly long im afraid. In tl;dr fashion, i'd say that there were many things that were pretty bad with regards to the old (interim) training system. What happened was that when you clicked the 'Train now' button, the system would firstly train the old stats and then convert the old stats to new stats. If you use the Defending exercise for as an example, it used to train the old other old stats apart from Tackling, whereas only tackling would then convert to the new Tackling ability stat and increase in the other old stats would be wasted (i cant exactly remember the situation with the old marking stat since they changed something then changed something again).

Tbh I've kind of lost track of that I was saying smiley

Funnily enough, even though Defending was pretty inefficient, it was still by far the best routine for Defenders in terms of Rating gain. Most people thought it was technique smiley .. (well tbf technique was the better until they released the interim interim training system .. whatever that was)

The more you go into it, the more you realize how bad the system was smiley

Rhythm FC (MMM) 30 March 2015, 14:01
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Dothraki Horde wrote:
Rhythm FC wrote:
Dothraki Horde wrote:

28/01 is also fairly homogenous on aerobic. Converts properly again, so this conversion chart seems to be accurate. My maths comprehension doesn't extend to figuring out why it doesn't convert uneven aerobic trains correctly though smiley
To be honest, I dont really understand it either smiley

I could get the answer by looking at the old stats conversion but i've just given up with that horrible system smiley