Miscellaneous

Logo and banner tutorial videos

Posted in Banners/logos

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 4 June 2016, 01:25
Sachin United wrote:
Rängers FC wrote:
Sachin United wrote:
Behold my artistic skills!!!

Thanks for recommending paint.net, but there is no hope for me in banner designing smiley
Gotta start somewhere right? Don't settle on one, you'll find yourself improving after each effort smiley
Thanks, but you will laugh if I told you how long it took me to do that smiley

Did you use paint.net to do your shiny logo? It looks awesome, wish I had skills to do something like that.
I will get round to doing this video at some point over the weekend, promise.

It's practice, trial and error. Nobody gets good at this overnight. It took me months of practice to produce anything really decent. See below a few that I did when I was first starting out - the african one took me FOUR HOURS. It would take me less than 4 minutes now! There is hope, but not if you quit after one attempt.

Deleted club 4 June 2016, 01:58
Nice, and thanks for the encouragement! I'll check on youtube, there must be a ton of videos there.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 6 June 2016, 02:14
OK - slight problem, I have just done this, but due to not knowing how the recording software works, opened it on the word doc I was writing as I went. This meant that it only recorded the word screen so even though I can see the paint.net screen and I'm creating the logo, the video only shows the word screen so looks like 30mins of me clicking around pointlessly in word.

I am going to re-record it now but I will zip through it as it's 1am and I'm up at 6. The text from the word doc is now copied into my user forum, in a step by step format.

http://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/en/mp

I will try and do the vid in the right order so that it makes sense, but anyone using it may need to refer to the text in the forum to see exactly how I have done things (eg things appear to highlight themselves etc as I'm using keyboard shortcuts to do it). If you use both, you should be able to recreate it. For the next video I will try to record sound with it.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 6 June 2016, 02:59
Re-recorded it but for some reason, it doesn't show the menus or the tool bars so it's not that useful.

If you use it with the text in my forum then you should be able to figure it out. I will try and do audio on the next one and get a different programme to record, and check it does it properly!

For now though, this is better than nothing. If you are willing to persevere through the less than ideal format, from the text + video, you should be able to make a basic logo by the end of it. I will use different effects too next time to broaden people's horizons.

Please anyone who takes inspiration from this, post your efforts in here - it would be nice to see if this is helping people improve!