Forums

Miscellaneous

Over 35s

Posted in Ideas/development

Dynamo FF (Idk man) 19 August 2016, 00:16
Why is it that there are so many players that are over 35

I recently bought a 50 rated player who was 37,I thought that he would be a good signing to my team and he had such a low price,his value was 267,000.
I got him for 79,000
Such a good signing you know smiley
But what disappointed me was that he retired today
I think that there should be more players under 32 so that I can actually have a chance of using a player for at least 2 months,my player lasted a week

Deleted club 19 August 2016, 08:35
There are many more players under 32. If you buy a 37 year old then there is a very high chance they will retire. If you buy oldies then it is a good idea to max out their contracts soon as you buy them. That way you know you will have them for a few seasons at least. This is the reason why decent old players get sold for what might look like a bargain. If you are buying old players you need to bare in mind that you will have to replace them very often.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 19 August 2016, 12:49
and just another tip to save you (and anyone else that gets as far as reading this thread smiley ) money...

when maxing players contracts - don't just extend them by the maximum period available first time round...
renew the contract by however long they are asking for (several days) - to get the optimum daily wage - then do so again - and again - as many times as you can to get them to 21 days or thereabouts.
(I now it only save a bit for each player per day - but those bits add up over your whole squad and make it worthwhile smiley )