Forums

Miscellaneous

Age rated decline and are we better of now?

Posted in General

Deleted club 6 September 2017, 12:56
After the age rated decline is the game become better or not?

If i look at the game now only rich clubs can afford the good players (90+), because you are now talking about more then 20m for a 90+ player. Even 85+ players are going for an amount much above there value.

Is this what the community wants because new players or players who are not playing the game that long don't have this finincial backup.

I still love the game but what do you think and are we better of now?

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 6 September 2017, 16:15
I like the change. The richest clubs could always buy the best players, but hopefully smaller clubs, like myself are encouraged to take a longer term view. Develop facilities so that you can develop your own team. And, if they get the youth team concept up and running, it would be even better from this perspective.

The game has something for everyone but I'm glad that you don't have to get on the flipping / trading merry-go-round to make progress.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 6 September 2017, 17:43
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
I'm glad that you don't have to get on the flipping / trading merry-go-round to make progress.
I'm the opposite. The game is tedious without it. I much prefer the old way when I first started all those years ago.

@op

Short and simple. No, not really. Only thing that has really changed in relation to age rated decline is less clubs buying pensioners. Rich clubs will just sit on their credits because there is no real incentive to do anything else with their credits. The game was more alive years ago in fairness and that was because the game was more fun.

Manningham FC (HD) 6 September 2017, 18:00
I really don't like it...but maybe it's that I'm not trying so much on the market any more

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 6 September 2017, 18:02
It's certainly changed the game - of that there is no doubt.

I feel that there are many fewer of the top players being traded now, - the managers that have them seem to want to keep them - and with the prices of quality replacement players as it is - who can blame them.

The "VM Values" of all players will catch up with market values before too long - so long of course there are no more major changes to the game economy.

Personally my club has dropped off the edge of the cliff since this update, - so some others will have moved up ranking places as I pass them in my downfall...

Overall I'm balanced about the change, if I had to slide one way I'd probably keep this one.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 6 September 2017, 18:49
I was one of those that advocated for it, but to be honest, I can barely tell any difference. I don`t think much has changed at all. One still needs the older high-rated players to compete at the top. If anything, the 33-34+ players should lose physical abilities even quicker than they do at present....IMO.
So, in the end, I`m pretty neutral on the change and think it has had little impact on the game.
I believe the finances end of the game need tweeking. 5-9 credits for a match just doesn`t seem practical. As for managers hoarding their credits, maybe VM should start a tax on credits in one`s account, maybe to encourage managers to start spending some of that cash? (taking cover now)

Mertons Comedy Players (Training Recovery) 6 September 2017, 18:51
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
As for managers hoarding their credits, maybe VM should start a tax on credits in one`s account, maybe to encourage managers to start spending some of that cash? (taking cover now)

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 6 September 2017, 19:41
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
I'm glad that you don't have to get on the flipping / trading merry-go-round to make progress.
I'm the opposite. The game is tedious without it. I much prefer the old way when I first started all those years ago.

@op

Short and simple. No, not really. Only thing that has really changed in relation to age rated decline is less clubs buying pensioners. Rich clubs will just sit on their credits because there is no real incentive to do anything else with their credits. The game was more alive years ago in fairness and that was because the game was more fun.
I've been playing for over 4 years now and always enjoyed the game. I'll admit that it was better when there was more discussionn on the forums, especially the general one. I've every sympathy for those who were wheelers and dealers - it's just not my thing. What I hope is that the changes that have been made, and those that are under consideration, will appeal to a wide range of playing styles. It'd be great to get back to higher frequency of postings on the forums (fora, choose the version you prefer).

FC Union Bears XI (Top Dog) 6 September 2017, 19:49
Have not really noticed the difference as I have never bought the age group of players that the decline effects... however,
I have noticed the value shift in mediocre players and the Market in general is so shifty nowadays... I keep waiting on it settling down although it seems values and prices are set to stay high for the time being

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 10 September 2017, 12:26
As I always said, nothing has changed and nothing will. It was a lot of wasted time and effort. The best players are still the best players and still worth what someone is willing to pay for them (dictated by the prize money etc). The change to prize money was so feeble that it might as well never have happened.

As I've been saying for 4+ years now, the single biggest problem with the game is that it doesn't reward a successful team. Prize money, gate receipts etc are an absolute joke. Until its sorted out everything else is a waste of time.