Forums

Miscellaneous

Make the game more 'manager skill' orientated

Posted in Ideas/development

Deleted club 24 November 2017, 19:50
Manager skill and team building should be more to the fore than gaining big bucks from youths who have not played a game otherwise a more appropriate name for the site would perhaps be 'Virtual Players Auction'.

It seems to me that there is a heavy emphasis on trying to find youths so that they can be sold at auction for an enormous amount of credits without the player having played a game.

I think the game would be more realistic if there was less obsession with building a fortune from selling youths and more slanted towards the manager's skill at setting tactics.

I appreciate that a season takes place in a week (more on that below) and that in itself may generate the desire to make a quick buck in as short a time as possible.

Perhaps there should be a requirement for youths to play at least 10 games for the team before they can be put up for auction. That way manager's may well build a better team and be rewarded through an incentive scheme for nurturing a youth programme and retaining them on a long term basis.

This post will most probably be followed by an advert for a player up for sale....or even the whole team smiley

UPDATE 24/11 20:41

Incentives for managers to retain players by adding a 'skill level' to every player who plays a certain number of games e.g. increase skill level of each player for every 10 games he plays.

It would perhaps not be appropriate to mirror the actual length of a football season, however, one week seems extraordinarily short. Would one month be too long for a season providing 13 seasons in a year?

I find the concept of an entire team being put up for auction to be entirely alien to team building. Perhaps there should be a a minimum number of players to be retained e.g. 14 so that all of the team is not up for sale.

No doubt I will be returning to add more suggestions,however, perhaps others could throw in their pennies worth.

Deleted club 24 November 2017, 22:09
I find the player performance level a bit baffling in the summary after the game.

A player of say 46 shows a level of 8 .. that does not make any sense to me.

I have played against teams that are 3 or 4 times my strength level and they only show players playing to skill levels 6 , 7 or 8 when they are players rated at a much higher level when you look at the team.

Deleted club 25 November 2017, 22:30
Perhaps a reward for managers who log in every day..

e.g. increase for each player on a specific skill
OR x amounts of credits ... say 100
OR ...

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 25 November 2017, 23:15
We have players on sale constantly to make money, don't get so grumpy because we play the game differently to you, I want to make money so yeah I'm gonna buy and sell as much as I can, don't like it? Don't care. If you want realism buy Football Manager.

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 25 November 2017, 23:16
You sold your whole team to buy a group of 15 year olds, a bit hypocritical don't you think? Wouldn't class that realistic myself either.

Deleted club 26 November 2017, 09:54
My comments are not directed at individuals but at the game designers .. it is they who have created your desire to make money rather than manage a team. Perhaps a stocks and shares virtual game would suit people better if they want to make money.

I sold my whole team because I'm only mucking about now... smiley

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 11 December 2017, 19:38
Deepcar FC wrote:
We have players on sale constantly to make money, don't get so grumpy because we play the game differently to you, I want to make money so yeah I'm gonna buy and sell as much as I can, don't like it? Don't care. If you want realism buy Football Manager.
Perhaps it is the fact that VM designers adopt this thought process also is the reason why VM is a small game with a few hundred plays and Football Manager is one of the biggest games going.

The designers need to strike a balance, and move to awards a more skill orientated game. The tactics are very basic.