Forums

Miscellaneous

Mentors

Posted in Ideas/development

FC Union Bears XI (Top Dog) 14 December 2017, 10:26
Why not implement mentors for new clubs wishing some help and advice when they first start playing.

I know we can post on forums however sometimes the forum can be quiet that way it gives them a manager they can mail.

Mentors can volunteer but have one or two mods overseeing the whole thing.

Whittall United (Grant) 14 December 2017, 16:05
I'm always willing to help, as i bet a few others are, just mail me.

Not sure how the mods can oversee anything unless it was a thread, the mail system is private to each user.

FC Union Bears XI (Top Dog) 14 December 2017, 16:20
Mods can oversee pairing mentors to those requesting them via a thread on the forum and selecting teams suitable enough to be a mentor...
It may keep newer managers playing if they have a one to one mentor helping them with the mechanics of the game.

Like you im always happy to help as many others are.

Saint Etienne Loire (Mario) 14 December 2017, 17:12
Recently just got back to Virtual Manager. Started playing in year 2008 and then had a break for like seven years before coming back and starting a new club.

I agree and would wish there was some more activity in the forums just in terms of general discussions in real life footy and discussions within the game.

Whilst I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable V-manager here I'm more than willing to help new managers around the site...