Forums

Miscellaneous

Core Game - What needs to change - Player Decline

Posted in Ideas/development

Helsingborg United (Seanacus) 18 April 2018, 14:25
I'm sure I'm not the only one with a view that some things need to be changed to better suit the current player base, it's not what it was back in the 2000's and has been declining since.

Some of the existing features sure need some love instead of newer features, so let's start a discussion and see what ideas/problems with existing features don't reflect well for the player base.

A few I can think of off the top of my head;

1. Newcomers Cup - Min/Max VIFA rank should be scrapped and instead replaced with a Max team rating or a division cut off point (ex. Div 2 and you cannot partake / team rating of 50+ and cannot partake)

Leading onto this I feel lots of things could be changed with the Cup Structure in general for all cups, including prize money and Entrance Fees both increasing.

2. We need better Credit Sinks in the game. There is too much money floating around, as with any game of this age, too much in game money and it causes problems.

A few simple changes that I feel would do this, I'm sure there are plenty more if I had time to think more in depth;

1. Players Wages asking for more (especially those between 40-60 rating this is far too low)

2. Increase of Staff Wages. The better the stats the more they should be wanting, far too cheap at the moment.

3. Increase the fan decline if Stadiums are damaged, maintenance should be a pain, but a requirement to keep the revenue.

4. Signing on fees for Players, we have this for staff why not players?

With the recent announcement we shall be having Youth Teams, these should not be cheap to run! Only the Top Teams should be able to afford these, just like in the real world, a division 5 team should not be having the best facilities (I know there will be, again a problem with so much money in the game).

Youth Teams and the Maintenance should not be cheap to run at all!

What are your thoughts? What needs to be changed with the current Core game to better reflect the player base.

TLDR; Core gameplay needs to be changed to better suit the Player Base Decline.

Whittall United (Grant) 18 April 2018, 15:16
Think abit more about what you're asking regarding the money situation.
What affect it will have.

Helsingborg United (Seanacus) 18 April 2018, 15:36
Whittall United wrote:
Think abit more about what you're asking regarding the money situation.
What affect it will have.
It will make the game competitive again, right now the top teams don't need to worry about financial situations. Heck even the lower leagues don't have to.

Too easily accessible money has caused players to go cheap, which in turn has made the game easier to climb.

I remember back in the day I'd even go into the minus credits to get some players I needed, or to keep their contracts running. I doubt any team has to do this these days.

Whittall United (Grant) 18 April 2018, 15:51
See thats where i know you're wrong.
You wasnt about when the wages were actually raised.
It had a very negative affect on player sales.
Good players went cheaper because users tightened their belts.

So lets say we went with your suggestion, the smaller teams and new teams are the ones that will feel this the most, essentially just leaving the rich clubs confortable anyway until eventually all the money disappears.
If people are being squeezed by wages etc being too high, then that leaves less money too buy players.
I dont see how having less money is gonna help player sales prices go up or help, when ive already seen it has the opposite affect.

Your suggestion will eventually make everybody bankrupt, that would leave no game at all. Hows that a good thing?

After some tinkering the game is now in a good place regarding finances, the teams that put the effort in prosper, those who dont put the effort in, dont prosper.

Its fine how it is.

PS, forget back in the day, its not the same game anymore.

Saint Etienne Loire (Mario) 18 April 2018, 16:38
Whittall United wrote:

So lets say we went with your suggestion, the smaller teams and new teams are the ones that will feel this the most, essentially just leaving the rich clubs confortable anyway until eventually all the money disappears.
If people are being squeezed by wages etc being too high, then that leaves less money too buy players.
I dont see how having less money is gonna help player sales prices go up or help, when ive already seen it has the opposite affect.

Your suggestion will eventually make everybody bankrupt, that would leave no game at all. Hows that a good thing?

After some tinkering the game is now in a good place regarding finances, the teams that put the effort in prosper, those who dont put the effort in, dont prosper.

Its fine how it is.

Regarding the youth team, I don't think your point is that good. Atleast where I come from, there are really bad teams who's got incredible youth facilities. Take RC Lens as an example in France, their first team has been quite poor in recent years but still continue to create or develop quite a few players due to their facilities. If you limited the ability for managers with less money to not have youth teams, you'd continue to increase the credit gap between the top teams and those who's lying in div 3-4

Whittall United (Grant) 18 April 2018, 16:54
Saint Etienne Loire wrote:
Whittall United wrote:

Its fine how it is.

Regarding the youth team, I don't think your point is that good. Atleast where I come from, there are really bad teams who's got incredible youth facilities. Take RC Lens as an example in France, their first team has been quite poor in recent years but still continue to create or develop quite a few players due to their facilities. If you limited the ability for managers with less money to not have youth teams, you'd continue to increase the credit gap between the top teams and those who's lying in div 3-4
I assume you meant to quote the op about the youth team?

I agree with you about them, lets not price clubs out of them, it would as you say, make the gap bigger if only the top teams could have them.