Forums

Miscellaneous

Forum bans

Posted in General

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 13 May 2018, 03:53
Whittall United wrote:
Yet again, thats your opinion.

We are all entitled to one, you think they're vague, I think they're fine.

Staylebridge has been banned numerous times, he doesn't follow the rules at all, you make think his ban is harsh, I think it's fully warranted, again, differing opinions.

I asked you to go over to I/D and put your ideas in, yet nothing, you talk about vague, thats ehat tour request is
The reason I continue to post on a public thread before making what I think would be a pointless I/D appeal is because I want to continue discussion.

Just because their is a rule, a vague one, doesn't make it right. That is why we challenge and develop.

I have no idea how you can look at the VM rules for tone, behaviour and forum use and not think they are vague. That isn't just opinion. If they were laws they'd be almost immediately rewritten.

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 13 May 2018, 03:55
I will submit to I/D, but once I feel my point has been fully received publicly.

Also, I'm happy to feel humbled and proven wrong - in which case, I wont post to I/D.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 13 May 2018, 04:19
Staylebridge was spamming and had been warned but continued his spamming.
Perhaps you need to look up the meaning of the word spam to realise he fully deserved to get banned and that's not me been oversensitive. We are here to do a job as a volunteer and we are not perfect but we are not stupid either and whether you like it or not, we know when someone is been condescending for example. We know when someone uses tone as sometimes expletives are used in the tone. It's not rocket science. At the end of the day, the forum posts have suffered mostly because of 2 reasons...1 because less users and 2 because a lot of the fun that used to be in this game has been taken away by the new owner. Since Rasmus has left, the game has dwindled and that is the main reasons why the game is in decline and nothing else.

Deleted club 13 May 2018, 04:27
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Perhaps you need to look up the meaning of the word spam to realise he fully deserved to get banned and that's not me been oversensitive. We are here to do a job as a volunteer and we are not perfect but we are not stupid either and whether you like it or not, we know when someone is been condescending for example. We know when someone uses tone as sometimes expletives are used in the tone. It's not rocket science. At the end of the day, the forum posts have suffered mostly because of 2 reasons...1 because less users and 2 because a lot of the fun that used to be in this game has been taken away by the new owner. Since Rasmus has left, the game has dwindled and that is the main reasons why the game is in decline and nothing else.
How can you not address the fact the rules are vague?

100% of what you have said is completely and utterly subjective. As a result, it is COMPLETELY open to oversensitivity/abuse. It doesn't matter if you think it doesn't happen. It simply shouldn't be possible. It isn't possible in popular game/ every other situation in life, so why should it be here.

You may think yourselves perfectly capable of moderating the forums, but how on earth you think it couldn't be better is beyond me.

Why would you not want to improve it? It simply couldn't be detrimental to make the rules more specific and less open to subjectivity.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 13 May 2018, 04:46
London Soccer Academy wrote:
Arsenäl FC wrote:
How can you not address the fact the rules are vague?

100% of what you have said is completely and utterly subjective. As a result, it is COMPLETELY open to oversensitivity/abuse. It doesn't matter if you think it doesn't happen. It simply shouldn't be possible. It isn't possible in popular game/ every other situation in life, so why should it be here.

You may think yourselves perfectly capable of moderating the forums, but how on earth you think it couldn't be better is beyond me.

Why would you not want to improve it? It simply couldn't be detrimental to make the rules more specific and less open to subjectivity.
What are you talking about? You speak about fact? Where is your FACTS that the rules are vague? If what i said is completely and utterly objective, prove to me that it leads to me been oversensitive/abuse. You write the word completely in big capital letters...there is no need to shout so let's say you are right, that what i said is completely and utterly subjective and as a result, it is completely open to oversensitivity/abuse from me...i ask you to prove it. So, are you going to prove it or not or just keep talking around in circles and repeating yourself? Oh and 1 last thing in relation to your post...i never said the rules were vague or not vague...i was talking about forum posts and the reason why the game has dwindled and staylebridge deserving his ban after been warned.

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 13 May 2018, 09:38
The game and the forum are very different, very separate entities. Yes the game has declined massively over the last few years. As a result of that (and not the other way round as some are suggesting) there are less users and hence less posts on the forum.

It is not the forum rules that are driving people away from the game. If you need proof of that it's very easy, the forum rules have been pretty much unchanged since the forum began. They didn't drive people away in the first five years, they certainly didn't drive people away since. There have been massive changes to the game , you need look no further than these changes to find why the game has declined.

The bottom line is this game is suitable for children. If it where a film it would be somewhere around a PG. As such the forum rules are there to protect young children.

Would you watch a Disney film with a PG and then post on the film's forum complaining that you heard no swearing or saw no nudity?

The game is what it is. The forum rules are what they are. You choose to play/partake.

Great Western Railway (Brexit Now) 13 May 2018, 10:33
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
This has been happening for years. And the crew wonder why the user base has been exponentially declining over the last few years. Clueless and classless.
So the game losers it's users because of forum rules?
So it has nothing to do with how the game has changed over the years?

I agree, clueless and classless.
Both... that is a well known fact. Both the forums and the game have been in decline for several years. The forums used to be a thriving, bubbling area of ideas, debates and suggestions for improvement, however now it is just full of repeated topics, and nonsensical ideas.
Show me that fact where its down to forum rules?
How I meant to support this with quantitative data which is not available? I personally know several people who used to play because of the forums who have now quit. It is a shame as the forums were much more active and engaging a few years ago with thoughtful and respectful discussions, now you just get shot down for anything you say.
Don't claim it's a fact if you don't have anything to back it up then.
All it is, is your opinion on the matter.
You just stated yourself (on the post beneath this) that forum posts have declined - it really does not need any facts, as I said previously, there are no facts to be found.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 13 May 2018, 10:46
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Le Tour De France wrote:
This has been happening for years. And the crew wonder why the user base has been exponentially declining over the last few years. Clueless and classless.
So the game losers it's users because of forum rules?
So it has nothing to do with how the game has changed over the years?

I agree, clueless and classless.
Both... that is a well known fact. Both the forums and the game have been in decline for several years. The forums used to be a thriving, bubbling area of ideas, debates and suggestions for improvement, however now it is just full of repeated topics, and nonsensical ideas.
Show me that fact where its down to forum rules?
How I meant to support this with quantitative data which is not available? I personally know several people who used to play because of the forums who have now quit. It is a shame as the forums were much more active and engaging a few years ago with thoughtful and respectful discussions, now you just get shot down for anything you say.
Don't claim it's a fact if you don't have anything to back it up then.
All it is, is your opinion on the matter.
You just stated yourself (on the post beneath this) that forum posts have declined - it really does not need any facts, as I said previously, there are no facts to be found.
Yes but the difference is Grant is not going around blaming the lack of forum usage in regard to the rules as in the decline.

Whittall United (Grant) 13 May 2018, 10:47
I asked for facts based on your nonsense that the decline of forum use is down to the rules.

Great Western Railway (Brexit Now) 13 May 2018, 10:51
Whittall United wrote:
I asked for facts based on your nonsense that the decline of forum use is down to the rules.
I have explained my reasons. It is this sort of attitude from moderators that doesn't make the forums a healthy place to be.