Forums

Miscellaneous

Auction Confirmations

Posted in Ideas/development

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 12 July 2018, 21:16
I have a couple of simple request to make that would probably save me quite a bit of C's due to impatience during auctions.

Selling A Player
----------------------
The new "Auction Player" form is nice. However, sometimes the form refreshes between the time I specify the time and the amount. This can cause me to auction a player at 1c or a 24 hour auction that was not intended.

Fortunately, a message box asks for confirmation of the auction by saying "Are you sure you want to auction a player ?". While this is better than nothing. It doesn't tell me that I had selected unintended settings in the form.

It would be really nice if the message would say something like "Are you sure you want to auction a player for 330,000c for 24hr ?". I have made 3 mistakes this week selling players, mostly because of impatience on my part. So, this would be a nice enhancement.

Bidding On Players
------------------------
Same thing here. Right now there is no confirmation of bids. It would be nice to have a message with the bid amount asking for confirmation. I have overbid at least 1/2 dozen times the last month on accident.

Hope these changes can be considered as they are easy ones. That is, provided nobody else has a problem with this request.

Thanks guys ! It's a great site.

Whittall United (Grant) 12 July 2018, 23:00
Not seeing an issue here mate.

You admit to being impatient with your first issue, you just need to change, problem solved here

Your 2nd issue can be sorted if you're leading the auction, if you've made a mistake on your bidding amount, you can change your autobid.
If you are making a bid from the transfer list, then double check what you're bidding.

Your issues are user error.

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 12 July 2018, 23:03
That's cool. I just thought others would like the same confirmation.

I am a software developer and I always put confirmations in any kind of business transaction with the transaction amount.

No big deal though if nobody else finds it useful.

Whittall United (Grant) 12 July 2018, 23:10
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a decent addition, I'm just giving advice to help you not make the mistakes you're making smiley

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 12 July 2018, 23:24
I always have trouble trying to do multiple things at once and try and do everything fast. Ever since playing VM, my productivity in life has taken a hit, just like any other addition...LOL.

Whittall United (Grant) 13 July 2018, 11:04
Lol, you've allowed VM to get its claws in, thats it now, you cant get away smiley