Forums

Miscellaneous

No Pay No Say

Posted in General

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 8 December 2018, 20:12
It's a bit like saying I'm fare dodging but I still deserve a say on the number of trains per hour and overcrowding as one day I may buy a ticket.

If all the 'freeloaders' bought premium now, the developers really could make this an amazing game. It is lack of funds and resources making development happen at snail pace.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 8 December 2018, 20:31
Understated Excellence wrote:
It's a bit like saying I'm fare dodging but I still deserve a say on the number of trains per hour and overcrowding as one day I may buy a ticket.

If all the 'freeloaders' bought premium now, the developers really could make this an amazing game. It is lack of funds and resources making development happen at snail pace.
Wow. Fare dodging? Freeloaders? Last I heard, playing for free was quite legal here. And to imply otherwise is pretty narrow-minded.

Champione (Rich) 8 December 2018, 22:51

There are reasons which mean people can't buy premium you know for example I can't afford it and my parents would never pay for it

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 8 December 2018, 23:17
Champione wrote:
There are reasons which mean people can't buy premium you know for example I can't afford it and my parents would never pay for it
and that is one of the very good reasons that managers are allowed here to play for free smiley

There may of course come a time when you are earning your own money and deciding how you spend it - at which point you might by then be wanting to take the next step in the game and choose to pay for Premium to get the extra benefits that brings.

The bottom line is: no-one should be paying to play if that causes them financial hardship elsewhere in their life.
But, the small cost of the subscrption here equates to less than a cup of coffee - or a pint of beer - and IMO at least - isn't extortionate in any way.
If folks enjoy the benefits then they will pay to play.
If not they won't.
And as has already been said, the more folks that do pay, the better job VM HQ can do for us.
If insufficient folks pay - then eventually the game would fold smiley

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 8 December 2018, 23:33
Champione wrote:

The 'freeloaders' remark was said tongue in cheek to make a point about the need for funding. Can understand children not paying, full grown blokes claiming not to be able to afford premium, less so

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 8 December 2018, 23:36
The Wrecking Crew wrote:

Wow. Fare dodging? Freeloaders? Last I heard, playing for free was quite legal here. And to imply otherwise is pretty narrow-minded.
A Star on indignation
Polish your halo...or whatever it is you polish smiley

Cong Vien Heo Sang (Potential Hunter) 9 December 2018, 00:14
SuDoku AFC wrote:
If folks enjoy the benefits then they will pay to play.
If not they won't.
And as has already been said, the more folks that do pay, the better job VM HQ can do for us.
If insufficient folks pay - then eventually the game would fold smiley
Very true. I do enjoy this game.

In my country, where GDP per capita (estimate to be around 2400$ this year, very low compare to Europe) I have to prepare my monthly budget for the whole year. Especially if I will play this game for years like many others here.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 9 December 2018, 01:02
The Wrecking Crew wrote:

A Star on indignation
You never seem to have anything good to say in here or about the game. Pay or not, this place would be far better off if you weren`t around. Never did like you much, mate.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 9 December 2018, 02:16
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
The Wrecking Crew wrote:

A Star on indignation
You never seem to have anything good to say in here or about the game. Pay or not, this place would be far better off if you weren`t around. Never did like you much, mate.
Never heard of you until this week. Not sure my humour plays to the older crowd though so fair enough.

Barca For Life (Akshat-Team On Sale) 9 December 2018, 05:45
My parents have a criteria-get above 95 Percent in your unit tests which are held monthly and premium are your gift
Else You wont get it
I somehow manage to get it half the time and not get it half the time