Forums

Miscellaneous

Player Progression

Posted in Ideas/development

The Dude Army (Gil) 22 January 2019, 14:05
I feel as if this subject has been touched on in the past but I couldn't find anything, so here it goes.

- A way to monitor players rating progression without logging data yourself. (in the past I've given certain suggestions that have been immediately thrown to the side by the admins due them 'being lazy'. However, if you look at other Football Manager style apps and games you'll notice that they have a lot more detail about play specifics).

- I know that there's vmaninfo.dk, however it's not in English nor is the translation very good. If the devs genuinely want this site to do well once again then they should elaborate the game more, integrating what vmaninfo.dk has done onto the site itself.

- Whilst I appreciate that the devs would like us to put more effort into the game and work for our success, most of us won't and it would be lovely if they put some effort in themselves. I say this because after going away for a few years I've noticed almost nothing has changed. Very little is being done to update and modernise the game and perhaps that's because the devs have moved on. But, if they haven't, then they should perhaps try a bit harder, especially owing the obvious decent revenue.

- Sorry that this has turned into a rant.

- tl;dr Let us be slightly lazier (some of us have lives so we can't toll away at the game).

Cheers,
Gil

Whittall United (Grant) 22 January 2019, 14:18
The irony in your rant.

Have you actually looked at a players training page?

Have a look, what you want is already there smiley

The Dude Army (Gil) 22 January 2019, 14:59
I'm afraid you didn't read my post.
I'm talking about player ratings not abilities smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 22 January 2019, 15:14
And im afraid you still havent looked at the player training page properly smiley

Go and have another look smiley

Then comeback and apologise to the lazy devs smiley

The Dude Army (Gil) 22 January 2019, 15:17
I really want to believe you but I can't seem to see it.
All I see is an ability and an age index in the graph, not an overall rating.
:/

Whittall United (Grant) 22 January 2019, 15:20
Do you know what, its me coming back to apologise, im thinking of something else, there is a chart with a rough guide, because of my mistake, i will try and dig it out for you smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 22 January 2019, 15:26

The Dude Army (Gil) 22 January 2019, 16:40
I appreciate the honesty and the chart. It seems to have its uses however, from experience a player can suddenly change in their training.

I was also referring to a page on each player that states their previous progression i.e. Adam Smith is 21 years old. I've had Adam on my team since he was 18 and I'm interested in what training systems worked best in his progression and what trainers best suited him. For this a detailed training log and overall rating index would be very helpful. Using this index I would be able to see that when Adam was 18 he was rated 25, when he was 19 he was rated 35 and when he was 20 he was rated 40. Obviously between 18 and 19 Adam's training was more useful and efficient towards his rating and now I can see exactly what worked and what didn't.

Does that make sense?

Whittall United (Grant) 22 January 2019, 16:58
Yes makes sense, but the training is so random, what worked one month, might not the next, so what you want isn't gonna really help.

The Dude Army (Gil) 22 January 2019, 17:06
It's a shame but I suppose somewhat realistic.

What do you think about being able to filter staff searches?

At least for how prices/wages.