Forums

Miscellaneous

New sources of income due to player popularity.

Posted in Ideas/development

Dartford YMCA (FranTiiQue) 7 March 2019, 13:50
I was having a think about player prices and how crazy some of the top players prices are in the world in real life. What they pay for is not just the players ability, but also their popularity around the world which would generate other sources of income. This got me thinking, what if these players worth 50,000,000c weren't just valued because of there stats, and what if they had a personality stat (not in the same section as their abilities) 0-100 which would generate something simple as shirt sales? a 97 rated player is worth, for example, the 50,000,000c I was talking about, but had a personality stat of 19. That wouldn't drive his sales of shirts up and would stay around that value. A like for like player with a personality stat of 87 could have a higher value, due to generating extra shirt sales for your clubs income.

Doesn't have to be called 'personality' stat, doesn't have to be 'shirt sales' - just throwing a base idea for people to play with. Could even be called 'popularity'

Give me some thoughts on why you think this could or couldn't work, as well as your own ideas around this topic.

Whittall United (Grant) 7 March 2019, 14:25
I like the concept, but how would the popularity be generated?

Dartford YMCA (FranTiiQue) 7 March 2019, 14:43
Random popularity/personality potential when the player is born, which grows based on factors like how high of a division you're in (maybe VIFA points helps) , goals being scored.

OR maybe instead of every player getting a popularity potential, could make some very rare youth players born acquire this 'popularity' distinction (or another name given) which is sought after?

Whittall United (Grant) 7 March 2019, 15:02
I do like the 2nd idea smiley

Would add another element to the game.

Dartford YMCA (FranTiiQue) 7 March 2019, 15:11
And furthermore on the second idea, instead of just throwing the distinction on and people buying these rare players where some don't train well just for income, make the distinction start off at the beginning as 'very low' - which in turn would require this to grow by certain factors like age, rating, division and so on.

Dartford YMCA (FranTiiQue) 7 March 2019, 15:15
No I don't think that sounds great, maybe the distinction should be hidden and very rare when first born and then at a certain age if they're hitting a certain level it's acquired to the player starting as 'very low'

Sheffield City afc (Luke Oxley) 14 March 2019, 15:15
i do like this idea

Dartford YMCA (FranTiiQue) 14 March 2019, 23:44
Sheffield City afc wrote:
i do like this idea
This is a bit irrelevant, but your response is exactly a week after my last response... exactly to the minute. :-D

Sheffield City afc (Luke Oxley) 15 March 2019, 13:00
Dartford YMCA wrote:
Sheffield City afc wrote:
i do like this idea
This is a bit irrelevant, but your response is exactly a week after my last response... exactly to the minute. :-D
that is crazy haha the exact minute got me smiley but i do wish things like this would be put into the game aswell as some other options

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 7 May 2019, 22:24
Could also affect sponsors. Let me save this for the future smiley