Miscellaneous

Youth Players Theme Name Game of the Week

Posted in General

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 14 September 2022, 23:08
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Rookery Park wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Hahaha brilliant
Like that one. Strangely, I searched Wheeler as a name and it didn't return anything at the time.
smiley

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 14 September 2022, 23:53
Just searched again. Now thrown up 3 where Wheeler is a first name! I think Free Wheeler is a great find. But it's interesting, because one of the things I do on this thread is to throw a few ideas at the search function. For example, it's how I found Ford as an acceptable first name. Wondering how useful that is?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 15 September 2022, 10:59
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Just searched again. Now thrown up 3 where Wheeler is a first name! I think Free Wheeler is a great find. But it's interesting, because one of the things I do on this thread is to throw a few ideas at the search function. For example, it's how I found Ford as an acceptable first name. Wondering how useful that is?
How do you go about searching for names? and yes it's very helpful putting different ones out there, gives people ideas smiley

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 15 September 2022, 12:41
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
How do you go about searching for names? and yes it's very helpful putting different ones out there, gives people ideas smiley
Click on Account on right hand side of the menu bar. You'll get a Quick Search function. Type in the word(s) you want to check, e.g. Ford, and click on the search icon. It'll throw up things like employee or player names if they exist, along with nationality which is also useful.

Ford throws up 7 player names and 3 employee names - all English.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 15 September 2022, 13:40
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Click on Account on right hand side of the menu bar. You'll get a Quick Search function. Type in the word(s) you want to check, e.g. Ford, and click on the search icon. It'll throw up things like employee or player names if they exist, along with nationality which is also useful.

Oh ok .....I go to create a new player ....tick the box so I'm naming him myself ....change nationality to English or American and then then try names .....If i'm trying a first name I put "X" as the surname and similarly, if I'm trying a surname I put "X" as the first name .....obviously X isn't a name and it will say invalid but it tells me if the other part of the name is valid

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 15 September 2022, 16:12
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Lowood Mohicans wrote:

Oh ok .....I go to create a new player ....tick the box so I'm naming him myself ....change nationality to English or American and then then try names .....If i'm trying a first name I put "X" as the surname and similarly, if I'm trying a surname I put "X" as the first name .....obviously X isn't a name and it will say invalid but it tells me if the other part of the name is valid
Yeah. I use that approach as well. Every little bit helps. And, the search function doesn't always get everything.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 17 September 2022, 14:31
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
That's a great one.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 17 September 2022, 15:14
Lowood Mohicans wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
That's a great one.
Hopefully he will train well smiley