The Goon Squad (Very) 7 April 2019, 21:47
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
World Class FC wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
We will mix them up a bit after this one for imagination rather than fact
Food next?
Food items is fine by me ...
+1

Its trial and error with the theme ideas.

If you guys tell us what you want we can work with it.

Liverpool CH winners from 70-80s has been up for over a week and no one has said anything before today.

Speak up please everyone so we can work something out that works for us all

Intoxicated FC (abc) 7 April 2019, 21:50
I just feel like anything that could mean re-creating past or present footballs would be boring due to the lack of differentiation.

I don't mind doing 'research' for like film characters or soap characters or something for example because it's non-football related.

Plus with this one we are so limited with the possibility of only creating 40 or so players anyway there's not much room for freedom.

Players with food items in their name
Days Or date related names, so can be months too
John Wayne Characters
Players with football teams in their names
Soap Opera characters
Weather related names

I don't see anything wrong with any of the above themes. Maybe days/date one could be limited depending on what the game allows I'm not too sure.

The Goon Squad (Very) 7 April 2019, 21:53
Intoxicated FC wrote:
I just feel like anything that could mean re-creating past or present footballs would be boring due to the lack of differentiation.

I don't mind doing 'research' for like film characters or soap characters or something for example because it's non-football related.

Plus with this one we are so limited with the possibility of only creating 40 or so players anyway there's not much room for freedom.

Players with food items in their name
Days Or date related names, so can be months too
John Wayne Characters
Players with football teams in their names
Soap Opera characters
Weather related names

I don't see anything wrong with any of the above themes. Maybe days/date one could be limited depending on what the game allows I'm not too sure.
Then we will expand the subject to Liverpool Champions League Winners from all years.

Paul is that OK

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 7 April 2019, 21:55
For me there should be room for creativity in any theme.

RE: Liverpool players from 70s and 80s. I hate Liverpool and I would imagine most on the thread weren’t even born when they won European titles. I wasn’t. Outside of Keegan and Dalglish I barely even know who the vast majority of the others are.

The Goon Squad (Very) 7 April 2019, 22:00
No Pukki No Party wrote:

RE: Liverpool players from 70s and 80s. I hate Liverpool and I would imagine most on the thread weren’t even born when they won European titles. I wasn’t. Outside of Keegan and Dalglish I barely even know who the vast majority of the others are.
That's why I suggested to use Google mate smiley

But I fully understand what everyone is say.

I'm glad you all spoke up and not dropped out, let's just get this week over if we're still continuing with this theme. We could change it. I'm just waiting for Paul

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 7 April 2019, 22:03
The Goon Squad wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:

I'm glad you all spoke up and not dropped out, let's just get this week over if we're still continuing with this theme. We could change it. I'm just waiting for Paul
I could google, but i literally have no interest in who was in those squads. They're basically meaningless names to me,

Intoxicated FC (abc) 7 April 2019, 22:06
No Pukki No Party wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:

I could google, but i literally have no interest in who was in those squads. They're basically meaningless names to me,
This - For example if I see the name Alan Kennedy in a few months time - I won't even know who he is let alone come from this thread. Whereas last weeks theme it's going to be easy to pick names out if they turn into wonderkids or something

The Goon Squad (Very) 7 April 2019, 22:07
No Pukki No Party wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
No Pukki No Party wrote:

And also to me, but it's a theme that's interested someone in the thread so in fairness to everyone is it not fair to do a subject that someone else enjoys?

You have come up with some excellent ideas I hope to use some smiley

I'm glad that we're having this conversation so that we can all have fun and work something out

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 7 April 2019, 22:17
The Goon Squad wrote:
And also to me, but it's a theme that's interested someone in the thread so in fairness to everyone is it not fair to do a subject that someone else enjoys?

You have come up with some excellent ideas I hope to use some smiley

I'm glad that we're having this conversation so that we can all have fun and work something out
It's up to others if they want to take on this week's challenge. I jus think it's too limited and being brutal, it's boring. I want something that makes me think and work to come up with something creative. Not something that requires me to google the greatest achievements of a club I hate from 40+ years ago and copy paste the names of players I've never heard of and then faff around until I can get it through VM. There's just no fun to be had in that for me. If others want to play this week then no bother, Im happy to sit this one out and entertain myself with last week's theme.

RE: Isn't it fair to do someone else's interest - i came up with open concepts that allow people to be creative. I have no specific interest in weather related names, but as a theme it works because there is enough variety, everyone can relate to it, and it will be tricky to find clever combinations. So for me, I don't feel I'm being unfair not playing this week's theme as it is so restrictive.

In future, I think footballers as a theme is quite boring, and it should be broader.

For reference - I think we may run into a similar issue re: John Wayne characters, in that it's quite a limited pool, but think people will be able to work around that one.

The Goon Squad (Very) 7 April 2019, 22:24
I see what your saying mate, and very well put. I'll speak to Britron.

Paul when your online we need to work this out, we made this thread so people will take part and be creative, I agree we have limited themes.

I'm making a decision now I'm saying let's do immature theme for one more week, there's enough variety for us to do it again.

So people I don't care what anyone says me and Paul decided to run this ttogether so I'm making a decision and saying in mature theme this week as well