Forums

Miscellaneous

Insights on the match engine - translated from dk

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 12 July 2019, 21:40

It seems there is a lot of info in the Danish forums, which is really a pitty. I'm using Google translate to check what's new there and stumbled in this quoted explanation for how tackling and cards are given:

FC Sunnyvale said:
It does not work in the same way as in the old battle simulator.
A random number is drawn between 0 and 99.
The number is compared to another number, called "tackling factor".
If the random number is higher than (94 - tackling factor), then it is a "foul"
If a foul gives red or yellow is calculated later.
The number tacking factor is basically the 2 * team's tack setting
The tack setting is a number from 0 (fair) to 4 (extreme)
A 25 to tackle factor is added if the opponent was injured.
5 is added to the tackling factor if it was a sliding tackle. (whether it is a moving or not calculated from the mentality)

But if tackles are set to fair, the opponent was not injured and it was not a sliding tackle, then the random number between 0-99 must be at least 95 before it is a foul. So there is still a 5% risk, even if one tackles tackles fairly.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 12 July 2019, 23:14
Interesting, cheers smiley

SK Sokol Stary Tekov (Jurgen Kloppp) 13 July 2019, 00:12
very nice... thankk

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 13 July 2019, 17:55
How about you start asking your questions? I have plenty of insight, and I do travel to the english forum rather often. However, if nobody asks, I am not the one to spend my time figuring out what people know and what they don't.

You are entitled to your opinion, but whether people decide to spend their time on the danish forum or the english forum is up the them.

Final Whistle (join) 13 July 2019, 18:29
OK, fair enough.
So here are some more questions :
How are the opportunities generated?
How much random is in each phase of the game?
How is players positioning determined?
I seem to succeed setting a decent tactic but loose or draw due to poor finishing or wrong positioning of my defenders/ forwards.
Also why do forwards pass backwards when they are alone with the keeper?

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 13 July 2019, 18:59
Adrianopol FC wrote:
OK, fair enough.
So here are some more questions :
I seem to succeed setting a decent tactic but loose or draw due to poor finishing or wrong positioning of my defenders/ forwards.

Elaborate, what opportunities are you thinking of?
How much random is in each phase of the game?

Depends how objectively you are considering it. All is, like with the stuff you posted, coming down to a draw of random. The chance of success depends of stats from the implicated players.
How is players positioning determined? 

The players have a "home point", being the one in the tactic(moves on offenisve/defensive action), and the farther they get from the point it will affect their decision making.

The players are small AI's determining whether the player will do A, B, C or D etc.

Final Whistle (join) 16 July 2019, 19:53

Thanks for your clarifications. I will take it point by point:

1. Still unanswered:

2. When watching the match, a numer of scoring opportunities are presented, which determines the number of shots in the match report (even if some of them don't end up with shots being fired towards the goal).

3. Who decides the 'inteligence' of the AI? Is it the same in the case of a 15 yo player and a 31 yo fuly trained? Or what are the skills used to determine their actions?

The players are small AI's determining whether the player will do A, B, C or D etc.

4. I was asking empirically, meaning what is the percentage of the random factor. Is it 10%,is it 25%, 50% or more?

Q: How much random is in each phase of the game?
A: Depends how objectively you are considering it. All is, like with the stuff you posted, coming down to a draw of random. The chance of success depends of stats from the implicated players.

Extra questions:
5. What is an invalid tactics and how do we know it's invalid?
In the "Manual" / Matches section it says: If one of the teams have less than eight players or invalid tactics, the opposing team wins 3-0 without a match.

6. Is Teamwork ever taken into consideration during matches, and does it change or it's always at 100% ?

7. How can you explain the first goal in my latest cup match?
https://www.virtualmanager.com/new_matches/66054563
The mentality was "Park the bus", and the play style was "Shoot on sight".

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 16 July 2019, 20:20
I have no clue how 3 questions turned into 4. That confuses me so I have to start from the top with no points.

Are your understanding of opportunities = shot at goal, because you didnt elaborate on what you understand by opportunity.

To my knowledge the AI of players are equal. I believe they are fully aware of their capabilites. So they might know that Action A, B and C have 30%, 40% and 50% of success. In that case I believe he would pick action C.

There is no emperical data. Lets say for an action. Forward trying to dribble a defender. Lets say(simplified) the stats of the forward would be acceleration(30) and dribbling(50), while the defenders would be tackle(60) and acceleration(40).

For the simplicity, all the stats have the same weights.
Forward: 30 + 50 = 80
Defender: 60 + 40 = 100

A random roll will be generated. If the roll lands on 1-80, the forward win, if the roll lands on 81-180.

In reality it is way more complex. But I dont have any specific knowledge.

The manual is outdated. I believe invalid tactics is from a time where the team didnt field a team automatically if possible.

Teamwork has no influence in matches as of now.

Your last player to touch the ball before the goal had his AI decide that the greatest chance of succes was to pass to his teammate to his right. Unfortuantely the opponent was quick to snatch the ball and shoot.

Final Whistle (join) 16 July 2019, 20:46
Thanks.
For the last point, how can that be? as there was no attacker in the other side smiley
Park the bus should be more than every player is in his most devensive posibile position.

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 17 July 2019, 19:04
Adrianopol FC wrote:
Thanks.
For the last point, how can that be? as there was no attacker in the other side smiley
Park the bus should be more than every player is in his most devensive posibile position.
Meant to his right of course.

No clue. Maybe they doesn't have perfect information.