Forums

Miscellaneous

Premier league 2019-20

Posted in Off Topic

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 9 August 2019, 09:49
Football is finally back...seems ages since last season despite being occupied by other sporting events. Anyways anything to do with Premier League can be discussed here. Predictions on who will win? relegated? ....and the debut of the dreaded VAR

Liverpool Vs Norwich

West Ham United Vs Manchester City

AFC Bournemouth Vs Sheffield United

Burnley Vs Southampton

Crystal Palace Vs Everton

Watford Vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Aston Villa

Leicester City Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Newcastle United Vs Arsenal

Manchester United Vs Chelsea

I personally think it will be Man City and Liverpool in top two ....Spurs and Man Utd in top 4 ....Chelsea then Arsenal .......

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 9 August 2019, 12:30
Massively in favour of VAR - should in theory even it up a bit for the little teams so the big boys dont get every decision going.

Liverpool vs Norwich tonight - should be an easy 3 points... for the Norfolk boys. We fear no-one.

Watch out for Emi Buendia - the kid is magic. £50million player in a year's time, mark my words.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 9 August 2019, 12:43
I admire your optimism smiley might not be a bad time to play Liverpool though, Mane had a long run in African Nations and first game, ya might catch them cold

Whittall United (Grant) 9 August 2019, 14:40
Well i for one hope Norwich win, cant stand Liverpool and their thieving, inbreeding fans.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 9 August 2019, 14:50
Whittall United wrote:
Well i for one hope Norwich win, cant stand Liverpool and their thieving, inbreeding fans.
Come on Grant, stop sitting on the fence, tell us what you really think smiley bit of a negative stereotype

where will Utd finish?

Whittall United (Grant) 10 August 2019, 00:30
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Whittall United wrote:
Come on Grant, stop sitting on the fence, tell us what you really think smiley bit of a negative stereotype

where will Utd finish?
They just bug mesmiley

Not sure, I'd like to say top 4, still not good enough, but one step at a time.
It all depends if Solskjaer can get the best out of the players, if players are on form, they are still a good team, just too much inconsistency.
Would love to see him give those youngsters a chance, they look very good.

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 10 August 2019, 05:32
Those 3 points could be massively important for the title race - could cost Norwich dear if Man City show up like they did last season - they might even stop us dominating the league.

Seriously though, pleased with how Norwich did tonight. Youngest starting 11 in the Prem in 25 years, 9 PL debuts and we went away to the champions of Europe and after a first half where we looked a bit overwhelmed and Liverpool were clinical, we came out and gave them a game second half. Had more shots at Anfield than any team managed in the entirety of last season (except Liverpool obviously). Pukki off the mark, lots of good performances - the weak link was our 4th choice CB (Hanley) who was only playing through injury to others. We'll be OK if we play like that every week.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 10 August 2019, 07:17
At least Pukki scored ....joint top Prem goal scorer ....

The Goon Squad (Very) 17 August 2019, 06:44
so we're away at Stamford Bridge tomorrow I can see us winning 1-0 or 2-0

The good thing with VAR is no more Henry's knocking Ireland out of world Cup or Hand of Maradona winning them or Germany knocking England out after Lampard clearly scored. So Bring it on I say, let's iron out the wrinkles quickly

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 17 August 2019, 09:26
The Goon Squad wrote:
so we're away at Stamford Bridge tomorrow I can see us winning 1-0 or 2-0

The good thing with VAR is no more Henry's knocking Ireland out of world Cup or Hand of Maradona winning them or Germany knocking England out after Lampard clearly scored. So Bring it on I say, let's iron out the wrinkles quickly
I think it will be a good game, I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were asking the question, how many Chelsea players would get into the Leicester team....not many