Forums

Miscellaneous

Help with understanding scouts

Posted in General

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 9 September 2019, 18:16
Can you see my scout name? Maximus is enormous when I scout the United States. https://imgur.com/a/zwcVjsV Why does the same scout say formidable when I scout the club when the same scout said enormous when I scouted the usa?

https://imgur.com/a/GvnIJE1

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 9 September 2019, 20:11
https://www.virtualmanager.com/blog/851

Scout looks at players' hidden potential

The scout now peeks a little bit at players' hidden potential. Before, he'd evaluate their potential based solely on their training results, but he has now become more accurate, by bringing their actual potential into the evaluation.

In practice, this means that he won't be as easily fooled if a newly started player has one particularly lucky or unlucky training session.

For players with lots of trainings under their belt, this change won't make much difference, since their estimates were already pretty accurate.

Remember though, that your scout's "Potential assessment" ability still has a large influence on the accuracy of the evaluations.

Before this feature works as intended, our search meta data needs to be updated, which will happen little by little as players train.

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 11:53
That doesnt really explain why hes giving 2 different scout reports though, unless i missed something?

If the same scout is giving 2 different reports, is that not a bug?

Which report is the right one and which isn't?

Whats the point in using the scout if he doesnt even know whats right?

Final Whistle (join) 10 September 2019, 12:06
I encountered the same problems, first 2 scouts were Ok, next 2 promising and la 5th one Ok again, based on the trainings. So to me the potential part of the equation is maybe not even 25%...
So using the training history you can have more certainty than using the scout, which sucks... why pay him if you can do the job better?
What I noticed is that about 20% of the players he's uderestimating with 1 range, so if he says Ok potential, 1 in 5 are actually promissing, and around 40% he's overestimating,eventually leading to below potential estimations, while the remaining 40% he get's right. This is based on 2weeks of scouting and training "untrained" players, with 1-4 trainings, but mostly around 2&3 trainings.
Not sure for higer potential 15yo as I don't have the budget to get into that market yet, but in a month or so I'll ge back with an update smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 12:18
So you seem to have come to the same conclusion, something doesn't seem right lol.

What would be nice, is if we knew a % of how accurate a 20 potential scout is, not sure if theres a number about for it, what we do know, is he isnt 100% accurate.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 13:02
Whittall United wrote:
That doesnt really explain why hes giving 2 different scout reports though, unless i missed something?

Honestly, i couldn't of wrote that any better. You are exactly right with everything you just said. I just wasn't bother to reply to say and ask what you said and asked smiley

Whittall United (Grant) 10 September 2019, 13:07
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Whittall United wrote:

Honestly, i couldn't of wrote that any better. You are exactly right with everything you just said. I just wasn't bother to reply to say and ask what you said and asked smiley
I was gonna write it last night, but was tired, so thought maybe i was missing something, so decided to wait until this morning.

But nope, can't really see that im missing anything, he never actually answered your problem.

So it looks like we have to go back to the guessing game, just like the scout smiley

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 10 September 2019, 13:26
Whittall United wrote:

Loyals wrote:
Remember though, that your scout's "Potential assessment" ability still has a large influence on the accuracy of the evaluations.
The stat being 20, doesn't mean he has a 100% accuracy, which explains why the scout can vary between potentials in his assessment.

It is very common to have players juggling between two potentials.

Personally I primarily use the scout to assess if they player is performing better than his hidden potential should allow him to, or vice versa.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 13:26
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
I encountered the same problems, first 2 scouts were Ok, next 2 promising and la 5th one Ok again, based on the trainings. So to me the potential part of the equation is maybe not even 25%...
So using the training history you can have more certainty than using the scout, which sucks... why pay him if you can do the job better?
What I noticed is that about 20% of the players he's uderestimating with 1 range, so if he says Ok potential, 1 in 5 are actually promissing, and around 40% he's overestimating,eventually leading to below potential estimations, while the remaining 40% he get's right. This is based on 2weeks of scouting and training "untrained" players, with 1-4 trainings, but mostly around 2&3 trainings.
Not sure for higer potential 15yo as I don't have the budget to get into that market yet, but in a month or so I'll ge back with an update smiley
I understand what you are saying and my topic in the danish forum is also trying to say the same thing...i am not talking about 5 scouts giving different reports. I am talking about 1 scout. Why did my scout not scouts tell me when he went to the usa that maximus was enormous and then when i scouted maximus at that club who owned him, the same scout told me he has formidable potential? That is what i want to know. Both scouts were done on the same day with same average so therefore no increase or decrease in training.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 September 2019, 13:38
Loyals wrote:
Whittall United wrote:

Loyals wrote:
The stat being 20, doesn't mean he has a 100% accuracy, which explains why the scout can vary between potentials in his assessment.

It is very common to have players juggling between two potentials.

Personally I primarily use the scout to assess if they player is performing better than his hidden potential should allow him to, or vice versa.
Oh man smiley

You say "The stat being 20, doesn't mean he has a 100% accuracy, which explains why the scout can vary between potentials in his assessment.

It is very common to have players juggling between two potentials".

Very common? Very common juggling between two potentials from the same scout with 2 different reports on the very same day with no increase or decrease in training? Wow this is amazing. I haven't heard of that. Imagine a scout giving 2 different reports when scouted on the same day with no increase or decrease in training. Amazing!!! I wonder where i can find a player with formidable potential and has enormous potential before auction ends tonight. I need money smiley