Forums

Miscellaneous

Youth Teams

Posted in General

Final Whistle (join) 28 September 2019, 17:11
SuDoku AFC wrote:
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
also how are the youth salaries impacted by having a youth team, do they decrease significantly if you have a really well rated fist team and a poor U21 team?
I my guess is that it is on of the big advantages of youth team, along with simplifying the promotion of youths due to extra squad space that doesn't require playing time in the beginning, as most of them turn out sh!tt players anyway.
So far, and I've only just started trying to recruit some extra Youth players, I'm not noticing any difference to the salary demands from before I got the Youth Squad.
I suppose this is temporary as the youth team is not currently included in a league. Feels like a bug smiley

Final Whistle (join) 28 September 2019, 17:13
check out this player for example comparable to your youths with ten times more expensive wages: https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13271661-seok-chin-han

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 28 September 2019, 17:18
FC Viitorul Constanta wrote:
check out this player for example comparable to your youths with ten times more expensive wages: https://www.virtualmanager.com/players/13271661-seok-chin-han
Yes, but, his senior team are in a completely different situation to mine:

Senior squad: Vifa rank #1746
League: Division 3, Group 1

and therefore his average income - and therefore player wage demands - will always be way lower than mine ...

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 28 September 2019, 19:32
Question for you guys ? Will everyone eventually be forced to have youth squads ? In other words, can you just keep a senior squad with 30 roster spots (premium) and sub in youth's just like you do now ?

I am concerned about being penalized from a mood standpoint for not having a youth squad.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 28 September 2019, 19:35
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Question for you guys ? Will everyone eventually be forced to have youth squads ? In other words, can you just keep a senior squad with 30 roster spots (premium) and sub in youth's just like you do now ?

I am concerned about being penalized from a mood standpoint for not having a youth squad.
Completely up to each manager.
Eventually everyone will have the option, but you have to choose to set a Youth Squad up.
There is no obligation to do so.

(And, yes, the mood change is a killer as I'm finding out already! smiley )

FC Deluga (Deluga) Forum moderator 28 September 2019, 20:25
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Copper Ridge FC wrote:

Eventually everyone will have the option, but you have to choose to set a Youth Squad up.

Having 14 players is easy to keep the mood up. It's getting a bit harder when you have more than 14 players. If you have 14 players on you senior squad, and one of your youth players will be moved to senior, that will have an affect on the mood of all your teams. But to be honest, it doesn't seem that hard, with a little planning I think it will get easier having 17 players in each squad and keep the mood up.

If you have 14 players, your 3 substitutes can keep a mood of 7/7 with only 30 minutes play time for each match.

Right now I'm testing how to keep the mood up for 15 players.
But It has gotten a lot easier than is was a couple of weeks ago.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 28 September 2019, 20:38
FC Deluga wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Copper Ridge FC wrote:

Having 14 players is easy to keep the mood up. It's getting a bit harder when you have more than 14 players. If you have 14 players on you senior squad, and one of your youth players will be moved to senior, that will have an affect on the mood of all your teams. But to be honest, it doesn't seem that hard, with a little planning I think it will get easier having 17 players in each squad and keep the mood up.

If you have 14 players, your 3 substitutes can keep a mood of 7/7 with only 30 minutes play time for each match.

Right now I'm testing how to keep the mood up for 15 players.
Yep. smiley
> That's all well and good - IF your 14 senior players are all of the same quality and able to interchange in your 1st team.
However, if you have any "up and coming players" (ie promoted youths) who aren't yet at your first team standard, - then having to give them 30 minutes game time each match is seriously going to hamper the team.

I see this being the most major change to the whole game since at least the time I joined over 6 yrs ago ...

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 28 September 2019, 23:15
My Youth team going up to div 5 smiley

Loyals (VMEnhancer) 28 September 2019, 23:28
FC Deluga wrote:
Lol. It was impossible to keep more than 12 players 7/7 for each team in the first suggestion for mood.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 28 September 2019, 23:31
Loyals wrote:
FC Deluga wrote:
Lol. It was impossible to keep more than 12 players 7/7 for each team in the first suggestion for mood.
This folks is exactly why we Crew need to be beta testing these Youth Squads - to iron out this sort of issue before everyone gets suddenly landed in a situation you haven't expected smiley