Forums

Miscellaneous

Time to Axe The N[Locked]

Posted in Locked Threads

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 27 March 2020, 11:01
This tournament as probably never been won by a genuine newcomer so now that youth squads are up and running change NCC to Youth Squad Cup. This will make the competition an (er) competition instead of the Harlem Heros Cup its total nonsense that one team of oldies is allowed to dominate the competition in this way.

Edit- To stop the manipulation of the competition simply block the winning club from entering for 3 months this will ensure different winners each week and stop teams buying good 22yr old to monopolise the competition in the future.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 27 March 2020, 11:06
Can we just wait till I've won it then we can change? smiley yes I think it's needed changing for a long time

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 27 March 2020, 11:11
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Can we just wait till I've won it then we can change? smiley yes I think it's needed changing for a long time
Indeed Paul you get to keep the trophy regardless of winning it

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 27 March 2020, 11:23
Definitely agree something needs to be done. Considering the name is Newcomers wouldn't it make sense for clubs only created in the past year or something like that to be allowed to enter.

A totally new cup for established clubs could be created as a replacement, not sure what rules could be implemented to ensure it isn't abused in a similar way though.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 27 March 2020, 11:27
Magic Monkeys wrote:
Definitely agree something needs to be done. Considering the name is Newcomers wouldn't it make sense for clubs only created in the past year or something like that to be allowed to enter.

A totally new cup for established clubs could be created as a replacement, not sure what rules could be implemented to ensure it isn't abused in a similar way though.
Read my Edit - It will work

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 27 March 2020, 12:09
Coptic Titans wrote:
Magic Monkeys wrote:

I get the idea but I think it will need some tweaking. If I won the competition, I would definitely want to be able to battle to keep hold of the trophy the next season. I would think that's a good part of the fun of winning it.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 27 March 2020, 12:18
Magic Monkeys wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
Magic Monkeys wrote:

I get the idea but I think it will need some tweaking. If I won the competition, I would definitely want to be able to battle to keep hold of the trophy the next season. I would think that's a good part of the fun of winning it..
Why! and season after that etc

A clean break of the tired and abused NCC will enable more clubs a chance of winning something with the youth squad set up. The reason for the three-month expulsion will allow more different winners and the coding is easier.

Magic Monkeys (Josh) 27 March 2020, 12:32
Coptic Titans wrote:
Magic Monkeys wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
Magic Monkeys wrote:

I get the idea but I think it will need some tweaking. If I won the competition, I would definitely want to be able to battle to keep hold of the trophy the next season. I would think that's a good part of the fun of winning it..
Why! and season after that etc

A clean break of the tired and abused NCC will enable more clubs a chance of winning something with the youth squad set up. The reason for the three-month expulsion will allow more different winners and the coding is easier.
After taking a look at the history of the competition I think I'd have to agree with that. I forgot how ridiculous it was. Anything that can be done to stop the current situation should be done. And then after a few seasons or months discussions could be had to see if there's other ideas that could be implemented.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 27 March 2020, 12:33
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
You have had 11 years. You want everyone to wait another 11 years? Get out of here smiley

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 27 March 2020, 12:34
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
You have had 11 years. You want everyone to wait another 11 years? Get out of here smiley
smiley fair point smiley