Forums

Miscellaneous

Terrible Youth

Posted in General

Ginni Devi Modi IOE (Decland Wren) 26 October 2020, 13:17
Don't think i've had a decent home grown youth player in about 4 months. Thought the rule of thumb was 1 in 20 will be decent. That roughly has always been the case but seen 1 player who's got over 100xp (on black w trainer) in my last 80 youths.

Anyone else seen a similar pattern or am I just going through an unlucky patch?

Toro FC (Joe) 26 October 2020, 14:08
I would say just an unlucky patch, I had 3/4 youths that were pretty good all at one time sold for around 2-5 mil each, at the moment i currently have a super youth with training on grey at around 242xp. So it's just a mixed bag really, I didn't have anything prior to this one for 4 months or so

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 26 October 2020, 14:14
I often wonder if i'm doing the right thing creating them all on a Sunday night. Given players retire at the end of contracts, that could be any day, are you more likely to get decent "regen" later in the week? In saying that, i have had two fairly good if not world class players come through the last two weeks. SO perhaps it is all random and there no set limit on how many top players there are generally

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 26 October 2020, 15:12
Ginni Devi Modi IOE wrote:
Don't think i've had a decent home grown youth player in about 4 months. Thought the rule of thumb was 1 in 20 will be decent. That roughly has always been the case but seen 1 player who's got over 100xp (on black w trainer) in my last 80 youths.

I honestly went my entire first year of playing VM without even creating a single, minor talent. I don't think people believed me when I used to complain about it. It got to the point where I almost gave up on creating them.

As it turns out, the 1st year was just really horrible luck. The 2nd year everything changed. Now I seem to get decent returns on my youths as expected. Hang in there. You are just getting some really bad luck IMO.

Ginni Devi Modi IOE (Decland Wren) 26 October 2020, 15:46
Eaglescliffe FC wrote:
I often wonder if i'm doing the right thing creating them all on a Sunday night. Given players retire at the end of contracts, that could be any day, are you more likely to get decent "regen" later in the week? In saying that, i have had two fairly good if not world class players come through the last two weeks. SO perhaps it is all random and there no set limit on how many top players there are generally
yeah i've started doing this as I thought i was doing something wrong but in reality i don't think it makes a difference.

Think it's just a rough patch, fingers crossed for next week smiley))

Final Whistle (join) 27 October 2020, 11:35
Copper Ridge FC wrote:
Ginni Devi Modi IOE wrote:

I honestly went my entire first year of playing VM without even creating a single, minor talent. I don't think people believed me when I used to complain about it. It got to the point where I almost gave up on creating them.

As it turns out, the 1st year was just really horrible luck. The 2nd year everything changed. Now I seem to get decent returns on my youths as expected. Hang in there. You are just getting some really bad luck IMO.
Same here, had just 2 players that were barely over the talent mark and this was before youth team were released to they had little value, sold one 15 yo DC for 400k, the other I sold for 90k but bought back later and trained for a while as I had him while on LTF but with low talent he wasn't worth keeping and finally sold him at a 500k loss smiley
After a year everything changed, I found 2 pretty good talents around 200-215 average on WCTF and also scouted another one but with a bit lower potential. There are others but with lower potential that are comparable with what I could buy on the cheap on auction or TL.
Anyhow I find it's more important to actively look for talented players, scouting and buying only at low prices when you find them to get promising players and train, rather than wait for talented youths each week.

The Goon Squad (Very) 28 October 2020, 21:30
The last Talent I had was 48 youth ago and he was awful and the time before that was 71 he wasn't great either

Long Dog Wanderers (Sir Long of Longton) 29 October 2020, 00:19
Better chance on lottery I reckon, I'm getting nothing either