Forums

Miscellaneous

Ideas for game development

Posted in Ideas/development

West Byfleet FC (RJ Wood) 19 February 2021, 17:37
I think it would be cool to have a section where you can see your club's top ten goalscorers and top ten appearances of all time. I quite often forget past players and some have done a lot but I now barely remember them so I think that would be cool.

West Byfleet FC (RJ Wood) 19 February 2021, 17:39
Also, another idea is to have tournaments created by users that have an entry fee. For example, I could set up a tournament with a 5000 fee and the winner gets maybe 30% of the total pot then 20% to second, 15% to semi-finalists, 5% to quarterfinalists for example.

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 19 February 2021, 18:50
I like both of those ideas, the first doesnt sound too difficult to implement, of course it could be kept simpler by just retaining the name of the player in plain text rather than the link to his profile once he fully retires from the game (evaporating from existence). 3rd party tournaments could also add a fun new element to the game if done right

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 19 February 2021, 22:11
While both are nice ideas, we must remember that the development team (1 person) is focused on maintaining the site and working on other aspects to add. Maybe someday this could be implemented, but it will likely be a while.

Also, this should be moved to ideas/development as this is entirely focused on that.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 19 February 2021, 22:33
Teufel hunden wrote:
Also, this should be moved to ideas/development as this is entirely focused on that.
Agreed, moved from General to Ideas and Development