Forums

Miscellaneous

Tactical Advice

Posted in General

CF Football (Jeff) 4 May 2021, 23:47
Cant Score wrote:

Most teams play with shoot on sight... and I have to admit that this does seem to provide the best results - but in theory I hope/dont think the engine was designed this way, maybe add changes after x mins on the condition that you haven't scored to change this.

Higher intensity may be good for select 'big' games, but generally I keep this low throughout the season to preserve energy.

Edit: Also regarding your opening post; 4-4-2 might not be a bad shout in the lower leagues, as many teams are bots or use the default 4-4-2. In this case, when you have a superior team, why not just remove tactical effects by matching your opponents line up.

Does not specifically answer your questions, but this post has some interesting info regarding the match engine - https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1146530-the-match-engine
Thanks for the advice. The post about the match engine is really interesting too. I’m gonna need to play around a bit more with these. The intensity in particular I have been setting very high and relying on my ability to rotate heavily against the bot teams in my league, something I’m going to have to change at some point.