Forums

Miscellaneous

Is the game growing again?

Posted in General

Whaddon Rangers (JP) 30 August 2021, 23:00
Right - is this game starting to grow again?

I’m sure the strength of tier 4 in England has improved massively in the last month or so firstly.

Was about 500 people online at one point earlier this evening which I’m sure I haven’t seen in a long time.

And it’s also borderline impossible to bring in a centre back at an even semi-sensible price at the moment. Makes me think there’s a lot more people playing now than we’re playing when the current crop of say 27-32 year old centre backs were created??
I know the number of centre backs is traditionally low but seems so much worse than normal right now. Demand outweighing supply more than I can ever remember.

Anyone reckon the games growing as well or me just talking rubbish?

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 30 August 2021, 23:20
Hard to say but yes, agree about defenders smiley

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 30 August 2021, 23:21
Players do seem to be selling above their values which is a change. However, I don't know whether that reflects a previous market adjustment which is lagging behind.

Whaddon Rangers (JP) 30 August 2021, 23:25
Just feels like demand for “good” players now outstrips supply significant particularly in certain positions. Only logic I can put to that is not enough of these players were being created 12-16 months ago to meet current playing needs which is why I’m assuming there’s more people playing now.

Bound to be other factors of course

AFC Redhill (Alex Hatton) 31 August 2021, 00:20
I feel like I've sold transfer listed players far more consistently recently as well

The Goon Squad (Very) 31 August 2021, 05:58
I think so the market has got more competitive

The Goon Squad (Very) 31 August 2021, 05:59
AFC Redhill wrote:
I feel like I've sold transfer listed players far more consistently recently as well
Same

Final Whistle (join) 14 September 2021, 11:24
Whaddon Rangers wrote:

I’m sure the strength of tier 4 in England has improved massively in the last month or so firstly.

Was about 500 people online at one point earlier this evening which I’m sure I haven’t seen in a long time.

And it’s also borderline impossible to bring in a centre back at an even semi-sensible price at the moment. Makes me think there’s a lot more people playing now than we’re playing when the current crop of say 27-32 year old centre backs were created??
I know the number of centre backs is traditionally low but seems so much worse than normal right now. Demand outweighing supply more than I can ever remember.

No, last I checked there were like 1K less logged compared to May , check here :
https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1123943-active-users?page=8#12539425

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 15 September 2021, 13:36
Final Whistle wrote:
Whaddon Rangers wrote:

No, last I checked there were like 1K less logged compared to May , check here :
https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/1123943-active-users?page=8#12539425
A bit quick on the draw Adrain, that's your problem its all about quality not quantity of the teams which is paramount to the transfer market .