Forums

Miscellaneous

Helping each other

Posted in General

The Goon Squad (Very) 27 September 2021, 19:34
Is there I forum where I can post links to players that are NOT mine, but are on auction, with a recommended amount to bid for a flip or to keep

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 27 September 2021, 20:00
Hello Vinny. I think that is sailing a bit close to the wind....some may see it as a way of generating interest in players that the person may (I am not accusing you of anything) have an interest in and in any case, have you really got the free time to give other plays tips on identified flipping candidates? It seems rather peculiar.
Rolf

The Goon Squad (Very) 27 September 2021, 20:15
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Hello Vinny. I think that is sailing a bit close to the wind....some may see it as a way of generating interest in players that the person may (I am not accusing you of anything) have an interest in and in any case, have you really got the free time to give other plays tips on identified flipping candidates? It seems rather peculiar.
Rolf
I wouldn't say I have the time to sit here scouring the auctions for hours on end, but I see plenty of bargains to be had.

My style of flipping is build a team and transfer list my players for a profit but at a fair price, when I sell a player just replace him.

Last week I did what I used to do a couple of times and bought players only to sell straight on for profit within 24 hours, I did good on the 3-4 players.

The reason for this thread is because I sold my Keeper yesterday and I am replacing him today, I had a very small bid on a keeper in case the one that I want if his price went up to something over what I'm willing to pay then I had the fall back player.

Anyway the player sold for approximately 800k cheaper than what I would have bid, had I have not had my credits locked up in another auction I'd have obviously got the player to flip for myself. But since that wasn't possible I'd like to have helped someone else earn a little money.

But the idea of me posting players isn't necessarily just for flipping it could be if somebody's looking for a specific player then I can help get them a player at a reasonable price

P.s Please elaborate on what is peculiar about me wanting to help someone

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 27 September 2021, 21:00
While I don’t see anything egregiously wrong with the idea, a lot of the information could go to waste from lack of participation in the community. Finding an individual or a group of individuals who you could communicate with via private message would be far more ideal to achieve what you have referred to.

That said, I believe this is essential skill to learn in the game and players should be able to find out for themselves how to do it without being hand fed information. A dollar earned does not feel the same as a dollar given.

The Goon Squad (Very) 27 September 2021, 21:17
Your correct it's so much more satisfying when you earn an achievement of whatever yourself.

With me I earn enough money each week to be content with, but if I have a spare bit of time and see a player going way to cheap, and I do not have the funds I'd like to help people

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 28 September 2021, 12:59
The Goon Squad wrote:
Please elaborate on what is peculiar...
Ok smiley That you Vinny? smiley

The Goon Squad (Very) 28 September 2021, 18:02
Arsenäl FC wrote:
The Goon Squad wrote:
Please elaborate on what is peculiar...
Ok smiley That you Vinny? smiley
Yes why?

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 28 September 2021, 22:09
honestly Vinny not a good idea for example teams like Brentford buy players who have some potential in certain stats which other clubs missed and develop these players for few years to sell for handsome profits , Its up to the individual club and manager to spot these not team work ...

The Goon Squad (Very) 29 September 2021, 22:57
Coptic Titans wrote:
honestly Vinny not a good idea for example teams like Brentford buy players who have some potential in certain stats which other clubs missed and develop these players for few years to sell for handsome profits , Its up to the individual club and manager to spot these not team work ...
Sorry I don't fully understand what you mean

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 29 September 2021, 23:18
Vinyl, I think the idea is worthy, and would be really useful to players for whom flipping was/could be part of their club strategy. However, I think the best approach is, as you have done, to offer your expertise/knowledge and invite players to befriend you to discuss.