Forums

Miscellaneous

Country of origin of youth players

Posted in General

Byberzas FC (Ilyan Ibryf) 11 November 2021, 12:46
for youh squad the origin of the country of players it matters?

Thanks

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 11 November 2021, 13:00
Short answer...No ...Country of origin doesn't matter smiley

Byberzas FC (Ilyan Ibryf) 11 November 2021, 14:23
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Short answer...No ...Country of origin doesn't matter smiley
Thank u

The Goon Squad (Very) 12 November 2021, 18:05
As Paul has already said country of origin does not Matter, when discovering youth it's basically getting a lottery ticket, you have no idea what you've got until you're trained for the first time

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 15 November 2021, 22:17
I know it’s a lottery but have to say when I created all English players, I got nothing, absolutely nothing, just 1 OK player out of 200 created. Since I moved to just creating what the suggested country is I’ve done better. There must be something about number of players for each country who can be super talents so I’d say it’s better not to max out on one nation.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 16 November 2021, 09:48
I couldn't say for sure either way, but suspect country makes no difference and as Vinny said, it's just random so it's very hard (given the rarity of generating a super talent) to see any trends.
Rolf

The Goon Squad (Very) 16 November 2021, 11:05
I've been here 10 years I could count on both hands how many good/Excellent players I've discovered, don't get me wrong I found loads of decent or ok, but good or excellent I could count on both hands in the 10 years, but let's be honest in real life if how many homegrown Talents from the actual town or city get through

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 16 November 2021, 14:27
I've been here over 8 years (and yes, initially I didn't have Premium so for the first few months wasn't discovering my own players) but over all the following years I have had a sum total of 1 "Superyouth".
I too am unaware of any evidence indicating that the country of origin makes any difference to Potential.

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 19 November 2021, 10:27
Fair enough, for super youths i don't think it matters it is all pot luck. Surely though if everyone is looking for players from the same nation, then the pot is larger for good players as well as rubbish ones. And more often than not you get rubbish ones, so by picking a popular nation are you not increasing your chances of just getting crap? I've been tracking my youth in a spread sheet for over a year now and theres a huge difference in the day to day players if you select the nation vs just leaving it alone. All created on the same day around the same time too. It could be a statistical fluke as it's only based on 281 players but still i seem to be getting far more OK and Below Average players which you can work with vs Catastrophic and Miserable by randomly assigned nationality.

Chosen nationality
Catastrophic - 22.27%
Miserable - 41.02%
Poor - 25.78%
Below Average - 7.81%
OK - 2.73%
Reasonable - 0.00%
Promising - 0.39%

Random Nationality
Catastrophic - 3.75%
Miserable - 42.50%
Poor - 32.00%