Forums

Miscellaneous

New cup/changes

Posted in Ideas/development

Casey academy (brenden) 18 January 2022, 06:24
I was looking at the newcomers cup and what its called, When i think of a newcomer i think low rated team with a few good players. But, you see teams with worldclass teams winning it every season.

I think based on the title of the cup is either change the entry requirements so you can field a team thats rated max 50 or something or make an entirely new cup around what team you field out just so new or lower ranked teams actually have a chance of winning something instead all the bigger teams all the time.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 18 January 2022, 15:53
The problem can be easily solved with the added bonus of increasing the longevity of new clubs formed by offering a decent award of a million credits to the winner and lets say 250,000 to each club which formed in a month so 4 weeks of bonus rewards automatically given , it will give newly formed clubs a chance of winning decent credits which will provide a leg up and a purpose to achieve something from the get go and perhaps reduced subs for 6 months for newly formed clubs

Onto a new Cups for clubs who are more established with decent price money which have never played beyond the league they in presently are in,this would curtail the lurkers spoiling the fairness of the competition.So I suggest separate new cups for the divisions below the top divisions and only open to teams that have never played at a higher level . To stop teams hogging a monopoly over the new cups by deliberately staying in that division there should be a maximum amount of times you can win the cup say 3 then you are automatically barred this will create new winners and sense of achievement

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 22 January 2022, 21:40
Easiest way is to just look at club formation dates and bar any club formed over one year from today's date, from.entering the newcomers cup

TITANES FC (Kazuke) 9 April 2022, 20:24
Coptic Titans wrote:
The problem can be easily solved with the added bonus of increasing the longevity of new clubs formed by offering a decent award of a million credits to the winner and lets say 250,000 to each club which formed in a month so 4 weeks of bonus rewards automatically given , it will give newly formed clubs a chance of winning decent credits which will provide a leg up and a purpose to achieve something from the get go and perhaps reduced subs for 6 months for newly formed clubs

Onto a new Cups for clubs who are more established with decent price money which have never played beyond the league they in presently are in,this would curtail the lurkers spoiling the fairness of the competition.So I suggest separate new cups for the divisions below the top divisions and only open to teams that have never played at a higher level . To stop teams hogging a monopoly over the new cups by deliberately staying in that division there should be a maximum amount of times you can win the cup say 3 then you are automatically barred this will create new winners and sense of achievement