Forums

Miscellaneous

Lawn To WCTF A Youtube Series - Episode 1 Premiere

Posted in General

TheEbayFlipperFC (James) 3 May 2022, 21:22
Hey everyone

After getting Permission From Bolton Wanderers FC I wanted to start this thread whilst preparing content for the first video as I feel like Feedback from other managers would be great in making the videos as entertaining and productive as possible

A bit of background from me, I used to play this game religiously many years back and since I left i've gained a passion for both content creation and reselling (The Latter of which is actually my full time real life job hence the club name TheEbayFlipperFC)

i wanted to create something which involved both of those passions and also could potentially be a resource to help a lot of new/returning managers to the game whilst also providing entertainment value to the hardcore player base

The goal I have is simple, Trading and playing the market and the game and getting from Lawn To WCTF in the shortest amount of time possible

The first question I wanted to ask regarding this is obviously this is a text based game, would it be better to screen record in OBS or use screenshots or a mixture of both, Currently I was debating doing a mixture of both, as this would allow me to show both post flips and also explain the logic behind some of the decisions I am making

The second question I wanted to ask is, The images/videos will have post commentary added to them during the editing process, Would you prefer this to be me just speaking or me reading off a pre-written script, The pros to the script are I can hopefully provide a lot more information behind the processes I am doing but this is obviously at the expense of it potentially sounding unnatural

If there's any other suggestions you may have i'd love to hear them and i'm hoping to have the 1st episode out in a day or 2

Kind Regards

James

TheEbayFlipperFC (James) 3 May 2022, 21:22
Most Recent Episode:

TheEbayFlipperFC (James) 3 May 2022, 21:23
Reserved

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 3 May 2022, 21:26
Looking forward to it, I think a script would be better re commentaries smiley

TheEbayFlipperFC (James) 3 May 2022, 21:48
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Thank you, Im leaning towards the scripted commentary myself too, It would make more sense as a potential resource if it was thought through a bit more rather than just rambling

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 3 May 2022, 22:42
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Agreed, but don't be scared to go off script to add a more natural feel so you don't sound like a drone

In general sounds a good idea, definitely mix screen recording and screenshots

TheEbayFlipperFC (James) 3 May 2022, 22:54
Rookery Park wrote:
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
Agreed, but don't be scared to go off script to add a more natural feel so you don't sound like a drone

In general sounds a good idea, definitely mix screen recording and screenshots
I totally get that aspect

Needs the balance of not sounding monotone whilst having some structure to it

TheEbayFlipperFC (James) 6 May 2022, 19:46
I'm just wrapping up a final few clips for the first episode tonight

Hopefully it should be up in the next day or so!

Trying to find the balance of how much progression should be in an episode

James

TheEbayFlipperFC (James) 8 May 2022, 16:55
Episode 1 is up now!

I'd love any feedback on how to make the series better for people, There will be a lot more flips in future videos, I just wanted to get as much educational information as possible in the 1st Episode

I'm also planning on adding some video recordings to compliment the screenshots

James

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 8 May 2022, 17:03
Brilliant James