Forums

Miscellaneous

Goals

Posted in General

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 9 July 2022, 21:39
Trying to keep the forums a bit more active, so question of the day is:

What's everyone current goals on the game? What are you working towards right now?

And if anyone doesn't have one, maybe the people of VM can help point you in a direction smiley

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 9 July 2022, 22:04

Richest club.

(Then I might spend some of it on a Super team smiley )

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 9 July 2022, 22:14
SuDoku AFC wrote:

Richest club.

How do you check on who's the richest club?

Ambitious goal by the way, should keep you busy smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 9 July 2022, 22:19
To stagnate with my senior players in div3/div4 as it's too expensive at the top leagues when have not much time to be here to trade and get the better deals on auction. With my youths, to train up and sell for profit few months down the line and rinse and repeat. Boring to be honest but what can one do when all the fun making quick profit has dwindled to an almost standstill. #ScoutsOut

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 9 July 2022, 22:20
Rookery Park wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:

Richest club.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/statistics/clubs

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 9 July 2022, 22:25
Arsenäl FC wrote:
To stagnate with my senior players in div3/div4 as it's too expensive at the top leagues when have not much time to be here to trade and get the better deals on auction. With my youths, to train up and sell for profit few months down the line and rinse and repeat. Boring to be honest but what can one do when all the fun making quick profit has dwindled to an almost standstill. #ScoutsOut
To be honest I don't have loads of time to trade, I mainly buy from the transfer list and still get a handful of sales a week making profit, keeps me ticking over to fund my first team pushes

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 9 July 2022, 22:27
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Rookery Park wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:

Richest club.

https://www.virtualmanager.com/statistics/clubs
Cheers, depressing read looking at the top 15 English managed clubs and seeing only 3 of them are active

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 9 July 2022, 22:50
Much like as in real life, I don`t set any goals, as it only sets you up for disappointment later. I have been playing this game basically the same way as when I first started. I bounce back and forth between Div 2and 3, buy my players off the TL and sell them when they reach a certain age, usually for a loss. I haven`t the time to scour the auctions, and even when I do go look there, rarely is there a player I want or could afford. Any rewards I get, whether it be a twice in a lifetime super youth, or maybe a league gold cup, are all strictly by chance and coincidence. I have no desire to compete at the top, and when the time comes that I cannot find any more quality trainers after my elder ones retire, I`m just going to ride off into the sunset. I enjoyed my time here, but I don`t see it lasting much longer. The game does appear to be on life support.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 10 July 2022, 11:57
My goal was to win a league. After building up a war chest, I invested in some decent players. Ended up with 4 league titles, 4 domestic cups, a Vman cup and a Super Cup. I reckon total cost will be around 250 million.

Now selling up. My new goal is to repeat the process and try to sustain a competitive squad for longer. I might need to invest in the stadium and learn how to trade players to boost income.

My dream would be a quadruple - I came close to it one season but lost in the Super Cup final.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 10 July 2022, 18:03
to lose a game this coming season by a record score made possible by selling my team today