Forums

Miscellaneous

How do I get the most out of my scouts?

Posted in General

MVP Phoenix (Sam Kennard) 26 December 2022, 11:32
Hi everyone!

Firstly, I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! I'm relatively new to the game, and was wondering how I can best use my scouts. I've read through The Noob Bible section about scouts, the attributes they have and what they correspond to. I've also read the developer's posts on how to interpret the scout reports.

Since I don't have the training facilities to train players up, I want to use the scouts to find good youth players that I can sign (free transfer, auction or transfer listed, as opposed to simply that play for another club) that could potentially become a talent. What's the best way to do this? What methods do you guys recommend - is it using a scout at all?

Thanks everyone!

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 26 December 2022, 14:36
Firstly you need to make sure your scouts have high stats in discipline and motivation as near as possible this effects recovery time and amount of players in a scouting mission if you are are only looking for untrained newly created players, however, as you progress its a good idea to have one scout with high potential stats in tandem with discipline and motivation.
Secondly pick all playing positions and focus on potential even with your far from perfect scouts in potential and set the price at around 20k instead of 200k .Finally just pick a country at random as untrained newly created players can be at any country and the best days seem to be Sunday to Wednesday in finding players however not impossible to find on the remaining days but might be less cost effective .
I hope this helps

Good luck

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 26 December 2022, 15:35
Cancel my above post as I just looked at your status you only been in the game a matter of days . Your best way forward is to let the contracts run out of your staff just keep the one scout if you must and certainly ditch your trainer at this point in your V.M journey as your newly created players will be worth more if you get lucky in finding decent talents . Try improving your team first to build up supporter base and gradually build your club infrastructure before hiring anymore staff .