Forums

Miscellaneous

Has the average player quality required increased?

Posted in General

Cant Score (Hello) 2 January 2023, 16:57
Potentially a stupid question but an observation I've made since coming back to the game is that it seems in the top leagues Div 1/Div 2 the quality required is higher than in the past from what I remember.

A couple of years back I had a mid table/bottom half Division 1 team (Greece) made up of players with ratings comprising of mostly 70s and a few 80s. Whereas now it looks like you need at least a team with players rated 80+ to even get into the top flight. Even looking at the 2nd tier there are many Silver star rated players.

Providing my memory isn't doing a disservice, any idea why this would be?

On an unrelated side note it also seems that Keepers are relatively move expensive compared to other positions than they used to be.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 2 January 2023, 17:32
Cant Score wrote:
On an unrelated side note it also seems that Keepers are relatively move expensive compared to other positions than they used to be.
I've noticed this too. But I don't know why.

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 3 January 2023, 17:44
One of my thoughts behind it, was as most active clubs are minimum Division 4 these days, playing in the top division seems a lot more attainable to clubs, so have more of a league focus.

Also, maybe its as a result of youth squads, as i'd presume their introduction has meant that over time there are a higher volume of players being trained 'properly' and having higher ratings potentially so the overall quality of player for the top divisions has risen as a result as there are more around?

AFC Redhill (Alex Hatton) 3 January 2023, 20:30
I think you've hit the nail on the head there. More players being trained on WCTF and easier to keep players happy with two squads so negative mood etc less of an impact.

Would be interesting to see what the percentage of active clubs with maxed out facilities is now compared to two or three years ago. Feel like most people who still play consistently have probably been around a good few years

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 3 January 2023, 23:18
Depends on which country you're in. Still some fairly mediocre squads around - mine is one of them.