Forums

Miscellaneous

Is oldies market dead?

Posted in General

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 13 September 2023, 21:56
Shifting a 28/29 yr old seems hard, even if you are by far cheapest on market. Anyone else struggling with shifting on that age group?

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 13 September 2023, 22:59
For sure.

I buy and sell in the 29-30 range to stay afloat in the top division and the market has been desperate for the past month now at least.

The auctions are the extremes of hit and miss and like you said even the T/L is dead at the moment.

I'd usually sell 4-8 players a week on the T/L - selling 2 maybe 3 a week if i'm lucky recently.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 13 September 2023, 23:16
I always find the period of the summer holidays difficult, this year seems to be going on longer than usual

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 13 September 2023, 23:22
That's a good point.

I always wonder how many players that would go on to be in the 70-82 range are actively still being trained up at the moment and whether at some point there will be a real barren spell of older player outside of the Silver and Gold star bracket.

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 14 September 2023, 01:44
That is a good point but I can say at the moment plenty of players in that bracket. Usually bad buys u held onto until near retirement

I don't really network. Might have to try harder if t list is not working

I recall many years back, In days of flipping when was easy to buy n sell players in same day and turn a profit.now it's buy train for while and sell or realise they worth than you paid, be reluctant to sell and eventually get rid haha

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 14 September 2023, 01:49
Sunday evenings, - after the handout of the & updates - used to be the highlight of my week!
There were times when I'd bought 3 or 4 players in quick succession and the first one would be reselling before I'd even got all the rest transfer listed smiley
Like shelling peas smiley

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 14 September 2023, 14:02
Flipping was easy, even for novices back then

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 15 September 2023, 01:25
Sunday evening was like a stampede at cattle market used love the 15mins auctions buy and sell straight away usually for a profit even before I decided to buy premium used to make a decent sum of credits each week.