Forums

Miscellaneous

Tactical Adjustments

Posted in General

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 26 April 2024, 12:48
This could make no sense or be really wordy as i try to figure out how to type what i am thinking smiley

If I don't set an exact minute on a tactical adjustment, just a game state, will those instructions apply to the whole match?

Like intensity for example.

If I have instructions to play on 'match of the season' if i am 1 goal or more behind, 'normal' if its currently a tie and 'reduced' if i am 1 goal or more ahead.

Would the intensity automatically continuously update with each change in game state?

So:
1-0 down - now changes to match of season
1-1 - Normal
2-1 down - match of the season again
2-2 - normal
3-2 up - reduced.

Basically trying to figure out whether i need to be really simplistic or specific when it comes to the adjustments tab!

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 26 April 2024, 16:00
Not sure on any of that, but if you play 8 men against me I think that'd be a successful tactic to use smiley

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 26 April 2024, 16:27
Rookery Park wrote:
Not sure on any of that, but if you play 8 men against me I think that'd be a successful tactic to use smiley
Looking at the "form" of my senior team, i am pretty sure that is my current tactic at the moment smiley

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 26 April 2024, 16:34
Solihull Moors FC wrote:
Rookery Park wrote:
Looking at the "form" of my senior team, i am pretty sure that is my current tactic at the moment smiley
Mine must be 7 men then smiley

Solihull Moors FC (Mario) 26 April 2024, 16:36
I do recall similar happening to you last season, right?

You started like a train getting 20-25pts and top 6, then the VM Gods decided you were to stop winning for 10-12 games.

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 26 April 2024, 17:18
Solihull Moors FC wrote:
I do recall similar happening to you last season, right?

You started like a train getting 20-25pts and top 6, then the VM Gods decided you were to stop winning for 10-12 games.
Started off well yeah, died off in the middle then picked up a few wins at the end to confirm survival

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 26 April 2024, 22:20
I'm not sure on this, but, I would try setting your tactics up as you want them to be when the game is tied,

then, using your example of Intensity,
Set an Instruction for Leading by X goals or more - changes to *****
Set another Instruction for Trailing by X goals or more - changes to *****
And also another Instruction for Score is even - changes back to your original tactic.

Adjustments in this game are very temperamental.
The conditions have to be specific and then met exactly, or the Instruction will fail to function.

What I don't know is whether the above will work an ongoing basis in the event of a match where there are several goals and the winning team changes several times ... ?