Forums

Miscellaneous

The Sunday Update

Posted in General

Mounts Bay Pirates (Graham Bailey) 9 April 2018, 10:18
I can understand the theory - but I've looked into that side of it - and that is not always the case either- there is no logic to some of that - all in all what you're saying there is that no matter how good the training is that you produce on a player - it is a totally random system - which to be frank is hogwash!!.

Whittall United (Grant) 9 April 2018, 10:35
Marazion Blues wrote:
I can understand the theory - but I've looked into that side of it - and that is not always the case either- there is no logic to some of that - all in all what you're saying there is that no matter how good the training is that you produce on a player - it is a totally random system - which to be frank is hogwash!!.
How is it random?
If a player of that standard was worth 20m a week ago, but sales of that standard have gone down to 16m, that player isnt worth 20m anymore, as you can now get them for 16m, so why would he still be worth 20m if thats not what they are now worth?

Yes training does matter, because the higher the training, the higher the bracket the player will be in value wise.

Not sure what the issue is, you paid 9m for a 20m valued player at the time, you paying what you did has contributed to the price drop.
If sales of that type of player continue around the 9m mark, the value will drop again as clearly they are not worth 20m, 16m or whatever face value they have.

As i said, keepers very rarely go for face value anyway, so its no surprise the values have dropped.

Learn from it, dont buy just before a value update unless you know the value isnt gonna drop, i could of made an educated guess that your keeper would of dropped in value just from your buying price.

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 9 April 2018, 10:57
Marazion Blues wrote:
How can you argue that a computer is illogical. Browser games like these, and basically every other game ever, are based on formula and coding - it's literally impossible for them to work illogically.

Enfield Rovers FC (Darren Ferguson) 9 April 2018, 11:00
Marazion Blues wrote:
I've lost money on players the past 2/3 seasons. I was frustrated... at myself for not paying close enough attention and lacking insight.

Mounts Bay Pirates (Graham Bailey) 9 April 2018, 12:02
I get what you're all saying - but the one player mentioned is not indicative of all my buys - the basic premise explained when I first started the game was one of buy cheap - train up as high as you can - then the players value should go up at the Sunday Update. I am not moaning about the loss of value on this one player - it is the fact you say random computer valuations are not illogical - so how can some players state that they're going to make a load of money - prior to the update??. Confused .com.

Whittall United (Grant) 9 April 2018, 12:29
Its quite simple really, if a player has had a birthday just before the update, they are likely to lose abit of value, if they havent and they've trained well then their value is likely to raise until they hit another birthday.
Hence people tend to know if their squad value will raise.

Now this isnt always the case, especially with keepers ive noticed, keeper values very much fluctuate quite abit, like your keeper for instance, he didnt have a birthday but lost value, that is all down to what keepers have sold for that week, its a safe bet to say keepers of that standard have been going for well below value, just look at the price you paid for yours.

Mounts Bay Pirates (Graham Bailey) 9 April 2018, 12:37
OK - just to simplify that - buy just after or between birthdays and check player sales as well as training and abilities?.

Whittall United (Grant) 9 April 2018, 12:45
Marazion Blues wrote:
OK - just to simplify that - buy just after or between birthdays and check player sales as well as training and abilities?.
Pretty much yes, if you intend to keep for a while, then it doesnt matter.

Whittall United (Grant) 9 April 2018, 12:47
I should add, if you dont have top training facilities and you intend to train players up to add value, the value you will add will be smaller of course.

Mounts Bay Pirates (Graham Bailey) 9 April 2018, 12:48
OK - thanks for that - so right before purchasing I will add that to checklist - cheers.