Forums

Miscellaneous

The Rules of the Player Valuations Forum

Posted in Player Valuations

Deleted club 21 February 2013, 01:28
TCDC Rangers wrote:
Hi and good morning.
I have a current and open valuation thread on a player, if i open a thread in player sales for him (he is not Listed or on auction), should i lock the valuation thread 1st. Thanks.
could i have an answer please so that no rules are flaunted and unnecessary warnings issued. many thanks.

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 21 February 2013, 01:38
TCDC Rangers wrote:
TCDC Rangers wrote:
Hi and good morning.
I have a current and open valuation thread on a player, if i open a thread in player sales for him (he is not Listed or on auction), should i lock the valuation thread 1st. Thanks.
could i have an answer please so that no rules are flaunted and unnecessary warnings issued. many thanks.
First of all, you can't lock a thread, secondly, if the player isn't on auction or transfer list, then you can have an active sales thread about the same player. Can you expand on unnecessary warnings?

Deleted club 21 February 2013, 02:19
Wow, thank you Paul for that immediate response, shocked and stunned (politely).

I posed this query originally on 27 January, nearly 4 weeks ago because at the time i did not want to fall foul of any rules governing the cross-over between valuations and TL/auctioned players, in current and open forum posts.

I do realise i (me personally) cant lock threads but can request it be done.
The specific issue in question you have now wholly answered for which I thank you.

Expand: Did not want to contravene because I got a formal warning previously regarding an amendment to the forum rules I was completely unware of. Cheers and thanks again for your precious time, appreciated.

Regards,
Tom G

Bolton Wanderers (Paul) Forum moderator 21 February 2013, 02:32
If people think the rules need changing please post. The Mod team are always open to advice

Deleted club 21 February 2013, 02:39
Bolton Wanderers wrote:
If people think the rules need changing please post. The Mod team are always open to advice
no, it was me that was not up to speed with the rules because i read them when i was new but did not use the forums PROPERLY until about 4-5 months after, so was not aware of the change. as we said in the Army, ignorance is no excuse for non-compliance - lol. Not an issue mate.

Deleted club 19 May 2014, 18:55
thanks, just found out lol

Deleted club 14 August 2014, 13:11
Link removed BW no point in link to give double advertising - Am i the only person that feels like these threads are a bigger problem than threads where the player is on the transferlist? This guy is obviously only making the thread to advertise for his player "Shortlist him" - Advertisement with as many ups as he would like. Why are you only punishing threads where the player is on auction/Transferlist when clubs like this club are just advertising for a player? I see these kind of threads daily, and those threads are the reason i just give up on valuating sometimes, because its obvious that they are just using this forum as a marketing forum.

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 14 August 2014, 22:45
Don't know what you linked too but I can guess. I don't like it either but the fact is that no rules are broken.

I just don't give them valuations.

I'd also add a rule whereby players can't be advertised on the sales forum until they are capable of actually being sold i.e. after 5 trains.

The fact is though it isn't a big problem as it doesn't happen often.

Transfer Market (Al Pacino) 14 August 2014, 23:05
I agree with hulubu and daz,

But in addition personally i cant see why there is a rule for advertisement, its a football manager game that evolves around transfers 16 hrs a day so its just dumb, 'shoot me down guys' I figure most will disagree, as you are entitled to opinions, as I am mine.
The show must go on
(off topic--cliff richard doh pwahhaaaaaa)

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 15 August 2014, 00:35
Transfer Market wrote:
I agree with hulubu and daz,

But in addition personally i cant see why there is a rule for advertisement, its a football manager game that evolves around transfers 16 hrs a day so its just dumb, 'shoot me down guys' I figure most will disagree, as you are entitled to opinions, as I am mine.
The show must go on
(off topic--cliff richard doh pwahhaaaaaa)
Because there is a seperate forum for advertisement. That is not the purpose of this forum. Its not that difficult...