Forums

Miscellaneous

What does this mean for the game?

Posted in General

Tangerine (Unknown) 8 May 2021, 00:34
I’d say about 3000 with a wide margin of error
some div 4 have bots some don’t , the one I’m in has 1 bot. In England and Denmark the 5th divisions seem pretty full from a quick look

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 10 May 2021, 01:33
We need to reduce number of divisions and bots. Every match should be a challenge, from day 1.

Helsingborg United (Seanacus) 10 May 2021, 15:42
Understated Excellence wrote:
We need to reduce number of divisions and bots. Every match should be a challenge, from day 1.
I'd rather not this, the game needs to find a new way to bring players in and KEEP them more importantly.

With all the Dev Corners about finances etc I assume they aren't adverting like they used to (no Social Media presence, google ads etc etc).

Lets also not even get started how poor the game runs in a browser on mobile... an app / webface change was needed along time ago.

I do worry it's too late in all fairness, and we are the last of the lot on the slow ride to hell smiley

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 10 May 2021, 18:08
Get rid of the scouts. The game is too dumb down now with them. Auctions are no fun anymore and flipping players? What is that? It's non existent now. You took the fun for many out and now the game is dying a very slow death because of it.

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 10 May 2021, 23:09
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Get rid of the scouts. The game is too dumb down now with them. Auctions are no fun anymore and flipping players? What is that? It's non existent now. You took the fun for many out and now the game is dying a very slow death because of it.
Agree !!

FORTHEWIN (Ryan Thompson) 11 May 2021, 11:22
Do people even buy players on this game any more I can list a player quite decent around 45 rated worth around 50k sometimes less and its in for 1C still no one buys. Also where are all the decent defender centrals? This game is dying unless something major happens soon. They should do promos if you invite a friend and they both stay active for more than 30 days both teams should be rewarded. Also Facebook is free why cant they just advertise the game all it would take was a few hundred people to post all over Facebook about it then people would probably play.

Ptfcstuart (Stuart) 11 May 2021, 11:39
Arsenäl FC wrote:
Agreed
Helsingborg United wrote:

I'd rather not this, the game needs to find a new way to bring players in and KEEP them more importantly.

With all the Dev Corners about finances etc I assume they aren't adverting like they used to (no Social Media presence, google ads etc etc).
100%. I can't understand why not when social media is free and everything can be scheduled. Even content creation can be easy and you have a whole new generation of marketing students looking to get field experience probably some of which already play this game.
FORTHEWIN wrote:
They should do promos if you invite a friend and they both stay active for more than 30 days both teams should be rewarded. Also Facebook is free why cant they just advertise the game all it would take was a few hundred people to post all over Facebook about it then people would probably play.
I can't understand their lack of attempt at social media especially after they raised the issues of costs associated with marketing, I raised this in January in the I&D forum with no acknowledgment.

“Ignoring online marketing is like opening a business but not telling anyone.”

I'm sure they will be doing something marketing related to attract new users (surely?!) but perhaps more transparency even, as previously suggested, a 1 hour Q&A would instil confidence in users and allow concerns to be addressed. Might even stop a few users leaving if they see the game heading in the right direction.

FORTHEWIN (Ryan Thompson) 11 May 2021, 13:06
I could go on Facebook now and advertise the game with a link and maybe a few would click the link and join, but why should I if I am not rewarded.

Whittall United (Grant) 11 May 2021, 14:03
I'd forget everything and focus on the mobile app, thats where the new users will come from, browser based games are dying off.
That said, if the owners are still making money, they ain't gonna need to really change much, it is a business when all said and done, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

I don't know the financials of the company, but the fact it still runs in a time of mobile apps, it must be still doing something right financially.

Arsenäl FC (International Quad Champion) Forum moderator 11 May 2021, 14:22
FORTHEWIN wrote:
I could go on Facebook now and advertise the game with a link and maybe a few would click the link and join, but why should I if I am not rewarded.
I would say its the hard-core users who are keeping the game alive financially myself. The teams who have millions upon millions even billions. I would not like to be a beginner joining now I tell ya, the auctions are boring. Where's the fun in joining? That's an honest question by the way.