Forums

Miscellaneous

Training

Posted in General

Diddys all Stars (Mr T) 13 May 2021, 09:23
Hi people what do I need to be looking at when employing a trainer to get the best results for my squad? thx in advance
Plus same for scout please

Tangerine (Unknown) 13 May 2021, 09:53
For trainers, You want good youth playersas your trainer can train both the first team and youth team.

Especially at first you want good Coaching of Outfield Players and a good coaching Keepers

The best coaches will have 20/20/20 in these three stats however they are rare and expensive. Don’t go for too low either, you can get trainers with 18-20 in these three stats, don’t go for like 15 youth/12 outfield etc…

For scouts I know that potential and ability are important and so is motivation. Same advice applies the best will have 20/20/20 , try to get 18-20 in key stats , don’t go for low stats.

Copper Ridge FC (Manager of Copper Ridge FC) 13 May 2021, 16:11
Even just 20/20 (youth/outfield) trainers are hard to find. I used to have no problem finding them and even would look for one at a decent price. Now, I can't seem to find one at any price.

This is strange to me as there are less people playing VM these days. I think that maybe those that are still playing the game are mostly top level managers that hire a lot of trainers.

I had a 20/20 (youth/outfield) trainer retire about a month ago and still have not been able to replace him. I spent hours looking one day. And, as soon as they pop up on the "trainers wanted" thread, they get snapped up.

Yorkshire Knights FC (Jamie) 13 May 2021, 17:37
If you're not already, subscribe to this and check the thread as soon as you see a notification for it (the best trainers get swept up quick).
https://www.virtualmanager.com/forums/topics/717904-scouts-trainers-wanted

And taken from the noob bible:
Scouts: Important stats:
Potential assessment: Scout's ability to assess potential
Ability assessment: Scout's ability to assess ability
Motivation: Scout's ability to return an untrained youth in the results
Discipline: Determines the maximum number of players in a report.
Motivation plus Discipline: Determines for how long the scout will need to rest after finishing a report.
Ideally you should have scouts with 20/20 on as many of the above attributes as possible.