Forums

Miscellaneous

Anyone else having bad luck with youths?

Posted in General

Ossas FC (Ossas Ossas) 10 July 2021, 12:53
Am I just really lucky then as I’ve been here 2 weeks and already sold one for 15 million and have another coming through who seems decent

Eaglescliffe FC (James Humphreys) 15 July 2021, 10:32
Yeah i was lucky in my first few weeks of the game, sadly i didn't know what i was doing so let a world class go for free.

Since November I've kept track of my youth intake and it makes grim reading. 191 players. 45 Catastrophic, 75 Miserable, 50 poor, 6 Ok and 1 promising.

Tried mixing up on different days but seems to make no difference so i am for around 4:30/5pm on a Sunday so in can at least see what value the games gives them before the big update.

Ossas FC (Ossas Ossas) 15 July 2021, 13:26
I guess it’s in the games code to give new players very good youths when they start then? Probably to keep them playing for longer, it’s definitely got me wanting to play more so it’s working lol.

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 15 July 2021, 13:54
I did the maths a year or so ago, 1 in 600 (so if you create your 5 youths a week you can expect an exceptional one once every two years!) I think was the ratio (for me) for discovered talents being "super talents". It is not good, you have to be super patient. A few players indicated a similar ratio.
I did make some suggestions regarding fairness to ensure an even spread amongst players to ensure that at least 1 drops per x players discovered for example, but as usual, these suggestions to improve the game were immediately shot down or just ignored, (regardless of what x was set at)..
Rolf

Whittall United (Grant) 15 July 2021, 17:31
Newcastle U FC wrote:
I did the maths a year or so ago, 1 in 600 (so if you create your 5 youths a week you can expect an exceptional one once every two years!) I think was the ratio (for me) for discovered talents being "super talents". It is not good, you have to be super patient. A few players indicated a similar ratio.
I did make some suggestions regarding fairness to ensure an even spread amongst players to ensure that at least 1 drops per x players discovered for example, but as usual, these suggestions to improve the game were immediately shot down or just ignored, (regardless of what x was set at)..
Rolf
Never liked the idea of guaranteed success and in my opinion that will take out one of the last enjoyments this game offers, we all enjoy training to see if that new youth is a super, that becomes boring if you know you're gonna get one.

Just my opinion anyway smiley

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 15 July 2021, 17:38
Grant! great to see you, I thought i had lost my troll
So far I have not been able to write anything on this forum without you disagreeing or criticising, at least this time you were not rude.... so thank you for that.

Whittall United (Grant) 15 July 2021, 17:46
Newcastle U FC wrote:
Grant! great to see you, I thought i had lost my troll
So far I have not been able to write anything on this forum without you disagreeing or criticising, at least this time you were not rude.... so thank you for that.
Hello Rolf, didn't know not agreeing with someone was trolling, you learn something new everyday smiley

Slightly passive aggressive on your part, but i'll let that go smiley