Forums

Miscellaneous

Loosing to stay in current league

Posted in General

FORTHEWIN (Ryan Thompson) 27 May 2023, 20:26
Hi would it be better to stay in my current division and stay 3rd or to get promoted? I've looked at league 3 and I would be very lucky to stay out of the relagation so that would affect my FIFA rank and supporters so is it worth it to go up or should I carry on in league 4 thanks

Hindle FC (Florent Sinama-Pongolle) 28 May 2023, 19:55
Seen this post late, but i'd always take going up, mainly for the finances. You will be able to get more money from gate receipts when playing higher ranked teams.

FORTHEWIN (Ryan Thompson) 28 May 2023, 20:01
I was really unsure, I thought if I keep loosing my FIFA rank would go lower and supporters would lose them so I would lose money however I'll go and win this time then thank you

Enchiladas Mexicanas (Patatas Bravas) 29 May 2023, 18:52
Interesting.

I recently screwed up my team for the first two days of a season and didn't get promoted (yoyo club). By the middle of the next week I was solidly much higher in the ranking than I would've been had I have been promoted, allowing me to enter a better cup and this generate more money.

I'm beginning to suspect that it's better to finish third every season until you know that you'll do well in the league above.

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 29 May 2023, 19:07
FORTHEWIN wrote:
Hi would it be better to stay in my current division and stay 3rd or to get promoted? I've looked at league 3 and I would be very lucky to stay out of the relagation so that would affect my FIFA rank and supporters so is it worth it to go up or should I carry on in league 4 thanks

Lowood Mohicans (Ewan) 29 May 2023, 19:15
I suspect it's still better to build up a team in the lower divisions, then go for a rapid rise.