Forums

Miscellaneous

Update from the developer(s)?

Posted in General

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 10 March 2024, 21:05
Sockport County wrote:
I use my phone to check in on the game but it's almost impossible to set training and tactics. I use the Amazon Fire 10 tablet all the time. Works well enough. Don't need an app to do it.
I still use my pc the most however agree the fire tablets are a good bit of kit at rock bottom price use mine for reading books when my kindle is on charge the most a solid back up device .

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 10 March 2024, 21:11
I miss my desktop,
and now my laptop,
but the tablet I'm currently using is perfectly fine for playing this game.
I don't use a mobile phone, so an app would be of no benefit to me whatsoever.
But, I do realise I'm in a dinosaur minority on this.

The Wrecking Crew (Gonzo) 10 March 2024, 22:10
So when you say you want an App, I assume that you mean a FREE App...because I can`t believe anyone is going to pay for the App, and then have to pay again for Premium. And the developers aren`t going to create an App unless there is money to be made from it. Therefore, a big no for me. I wouldn`t use it anyway. Do everything on my desktop except for the week I`m away on vacation...in which case I just set training to Training Match for the week, and set tactics beforehand to hold me over. I also think that, judging by the current progress of the game, there won`t be any improvements to it whatsoever. RIP Vman.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 10 March 2024, 22:12
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I miss my desktop,
and now my laptop,
Apps are going to be old tech soon people will cotton onto the fact they often perform tasks running secretly in the background either checking on were you are what you buy or using your data and I.D to bump up traffic flows to get higher ratings on app stores they are con and spies stealing your data for profit .

Edit if you going to buy a replacement p.c go for once expensive top or higher mid range models ideally manufactured before 2017 these machines were built to last and will easily out last there new counterparts be quick as prices are raising on these I'm looking for a spare one as a just in case presently but keep getting out bid

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 10 March 2024, 22:13

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 10 March 2024, 22:19
SuDoku AFC wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I miss my desktop,
and now my laptop,
Apps are going to be old tech soon people will cotton onto the fact they often perform tasks running secretly in the background either checking on were you are what you buy or using your data and I.D to bump up traffic flows to get higher ratings on app stores they are con and spies stealing your data for profit .
= I couldn't agree more if I spent the rest of the century trying!

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 10 March 2024, 22:22
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
So when you say you want an App, I assume that you mean a FREE App...because I can`t believe anyone is going to pay for the App, and then have to pay again for Premium. And the developers aren`t going to create an App unless there is money to be made from it. Therefore, a big no for me. I wouldn`t use it anyway. Do everything on my desktop except for the week I`m away on vacation...in which case I just set training to Training Match for the week, and set tactics beforehand to hold me over. I also think that, judging by the current progress of the game, there won`t be any improvements to it whatsoever. RIP Vman.
There are certainly more important things that need dev time right now IMO.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 10 March 2024, 22:29
Coptic Titans wrote:
SuDoku AFC wrote:
I miss my desktop,
and now my laptop,

Edit if you going to buy a replacement p.c go for once expensive top or higher mid range models ideally manufactured before 2017 these machines were built to last and will easily out last there new counterparts be quick as prices are raising on these I'm looking for a spare one as a just in case presently but keep getting out bid

BoldonBoys (Manager of BoldonBoys) 11 March 2024, 19:39
Are they any other good alternatives to VM, do we know if this game is even sustainable from a development side, have figures ever been shown for how many active subscriptions VM has?

I've always been wanting to make a virtual FM game myself but it seems very niche and I doubt it would be hugely profitable?

Briggs FC (Briggs FC) 11 March 2024, 20:54
I think some people are missing the point when people are saying they need an app.

Developing an app would be a smart business move to generate more income, and build the community and user base. Ultimately pushing the game in front of people and giving more options to the user on how to play.

Mobile: 59.92%
Desktop 37.97%
Tablet : 2.11%

The audience that the site can target is larger on mobile, 98% of Google Play revenue actually comes from an apps that didn't cost anything but had 'in app purchases'

I wouldn't want the site to become a 'pay to win' type thing where you could just buy in app purchases for coins etc but custom things that doesn't necessarily give an advantage would still provide the site with another form of income to rely on.
Coptic Titans wrote:

Apps are going to be old tech soon? There is no chance it is going to be old tech anytime soon.

Sure, we have AI and Augmented Reality, I can't see AR taking off how some people imagine, and the sheer cost of it to be sitting there with a headset on etc for hours on end isn't going to cut it for the majority of people. AI is pushing forward with no sign of slowing down which is great.
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
The app can be free, and you could pay for premium through it to get the same benefits from the website as you would normally via a desktop.
The Wrecking Crew wrote:
I also think that, judging by the current progress of the game, there won`t be any improvements to it whatsoever. RIP Vman.
This should have been done 5+ years ago if not more, we wouldn't be in this situation we are in now if it had of been in my opinion. However i couldn't agree more with you that there won't be any improvements and the site is dead and left to rot.