Forums

Miscellaneous

Update from the developer(s)?

Posted in General

A Z Magma (floki) 12 March 2024, 01:15
so for example you'd rather play FM24 on your mobile than on a laptop desktop?

gameplay is the issue this game was alot lot better 10 yrs ago!

some very bad decisions hve been made by those running the game

its why they have lost 50% of their old regulars

not because they couldnt get access to a laptop

can you imagine this game on an app

you think it'd be any better? it'd be even worse

Carlton Athletic FC (Kyle Armitage) 20 March 2024, 11:25
A mobile app increases player base which directly affects revenue generated and re-investment in to the game. It may be a little more challenging to allow an application and web-based browsers to be cross-compatible but it would definitely reinvigorate the game.

Dinamo Rosyth (Ryan) Forum moderator 21 March 2024, 07:44
A Z Magma wrote:
so for example you'd rather play FM24 on your mobile than on a laptop desktop?

gameplay is the issue this game was alot lot better 10 yrs ago!

some very bad decisions hve been made by those running the game

its why they have lost 50% of their old regulars

not because they couldnt get access to a laptop

can you imagine this game on an app

you think it'd be any better? it'd be even worse
If your view is that gameplay has gotten worse I'm not going to argue with that but when the game was at its peak most people - especially younger people - were more likely to use computers and less likely to use smartphones. VM used to have loads of younger users because they were in the habit of playing browser games. Now they expect everything to come in the form of an app.

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 21 March 2024, 21:22
Biggest mistakes youth squads , new stats, and scouts it's a shame that all these updates cannot be reversed.

SuDoku AFC (Crew Member of the year) Crew 21 March 2024, 21:26
And,
although I fully understand why both were introduced, these two changes have decreased my enjoyment of the game: player decline with age, & awarding of Status daily instead of during the weekly update.
Sunday evenings will never be the same again ... smiley

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 22 March 2024, 15:52
Coptic Titans wrote:
Biggest mistakes youth squads , new stats, and scouts it's a shame that all these updates cannot be reversed.
Genuine question, why are youth squads in your opinion a mistake? Or is it the case of time and effort making them being spent elsewhere?

Coptic Titans (Papyrus Skeptical) 23 March 2024, 07:57
Rookery Park wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
Genuine question, why are youth squads in your opinion a mistake? Or is it the case of time and effort making them being spent elsewhere?
Neither Matt my reason is purely economic youth squads have enabled the richer clubs to stock up most of the Good youths which in turn makes them richer beforehand with 30 man squad you could either play the league's for silverware or be a club that mainly developed youths nowadays more players are trained up which as devastated the transfer market and made it even harder for newer clubs to progress. The solution like the real world either limit on wealth or wealth tax which the top 10% can easily afford.

Rookery Park (Matt Colley) 23 March 2024, 15:01
Coptic Titans wrote:
Rookery Park wrote:
Coptic Titans wrote:
Neither Matt my reason is purely economic youth squads have enabled the richer clubs to stock up most of the Good youths which in turn makes them richer beforehand with 30 man squad you could either play the league's for silverware or be a club that mainly developed youths nowadays more players are trained up which as devastated the transfer market and made it even harder for newer clubs to progress. The solution like the real world either limit on wealth or wealth tax which the top 10% can easily afford.
Makes sense, thanks for the insight

A Z Magma (floki) 26 March 2024, 07:09
Carlton Athletic FC wrote:
A mobile app increases player base which directly affects revenue generated and re-investment in to the game. It may be a little more challenging to allow an application and web-based browsers to be cross-compatible but it would definitely reinvigorate the game.
more revenue for the devs would make the game worse,they got everything wrong so far

Newcastle U FC (Rolf Bergström) 26 March 2024, 11:39
It's I think about 3 months since we last heard anything from the Developers...
I think maybe they have gone, certainly they are much less 'hands-on' than ever before in the 10 years I have been here. It's a great shame as this is a loyal player community and we are all here as we love playing VM, but nobody likes to be taken for granted.

There's about 300 managers online now. Assuming half of them pay, that's 150. Assuming they are paying about €4 a month, that's a (very approximate) income of about €600 a month or €7200 a year, without any VM ticket purchases, VM Pro and what-not. This must represent a low estimate as it's a Tuesday morning. Whatever, it's a reasonable chunk for our owners without logging in at least once every 3 months to say Hi, Thanks, We appreciate you, This is what we are working on..... let alone asking us what we want from the game going forwards....

Is there anybody out there....?
Rolf