Forums

Miscellaneous

Questions for the Devs - submit yours here.

Posted in General

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 30 June 2015, 23:27
I have mailed Bardur and proposed that we have an opportunity to ask the devs some questions, as there are many people who seem to be frustrated with certain bits of the game, and with all the changes, we are all a bit uncertain of different bits of the game.

Bardur has very kindly agreed to help out with this, although I will point out at the outset, he is incredibly busy at the moment, and some of them will probably need to be discussed with the devs, so it may take a couple of weeks for the answers to get back to us, but he has promised to provide the answers.

The format we have discussed, is that this is an open thread for people to submit questions (I will ask Mods to keep a close eye on this, because I don't want it to get silly). There has been a number of complaints about lack of communication from the crew/devs, so please be sensible enough not to spoil the opportunity we have.

The thread that prompted me to mail Bardur was the one on Team Rating, started by Bath, as no-one seemed sure, so it seemed like a good idea to get definitive answers to those kind of questions. Let's keep the questions to a similar vein, useful info we can get definitive answers on.

On Sunday evening, I will ask for this thread to be locked, and then will re-open it when Bardur has given the responses (which as previously mentioned could take a little while). Bardur will also publish the answers in a blog post so that it reaches a wider audience.

If there is a high volume of questions, I will go through the thread with Paul and Ryan and pick the most helpful/useful questions out.

Please submit the questions you want answering below smiley

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 30 June 2015, 23:42
Why are free kicks never shots at goal? They are always passed and corners why are they so rare? smiley

FC Clock Face (The Special One) Forum moderator 30 June 2015, 23:46
A while ago we talked about the rich lists etc and I passed on my ideas for making it a useful feature (longer lists, removing teams that no longer play, extra info such as bank balances etc etc etc) You said this was something you too had discussed and you also told me a few of your ideas and plans for this section which seemed really good. Can you tell me if this is coming any time soon as I still believe it will be a really good addition and shouldn't take a lot of work to implement?

Johns Army (John) Forum moderator 30 June 2015, 23:50
There are hardly any Logo/Banner makers but there is alot of people wanting them... Is there any way to incorporate a banner/logo maker on VM?

Just basic stuff to be used e.g

Shape:

Circle, Star etc

Colour:

Red, Blue etc

Image:

Perhaps give the option to pick one that you have saved on your computer or just random stuff like football or a smiley face.

Name:

Johns Army

Established Date:

The press enter and it gets made for you... Would take away quite a few requests.

But probably you will say it is to big to do.. You know how many teams leave because they don't have a banner/logo? Business first smiley

Oh and for a banner the same format.

FC Stoke (Rich) 30 June 2015, 23:53
Why do the best players on the game have a lower average training than 12 months ago?

A Tribe Called Quest (xx) 1 July 2015, 00:54
Johns Army wrote:
There are hardly any Logo/Banner makers but there is alot of people wanting them... Is there any way to incorporate a banner/logo maker on VM?

Just basic stuff to be used e.g

Shape:

Circle, Star etc

Colour:

Red, Blue etc

Image:

Perhaps give the option to pick one that you have saved on your computer or just random stuff like football or a smiley face.

Name:

Johns Army

Established Date:

The press enter and it gets made for you... Would take away quite a few requests.

But probably you will say it is to big to do.. You know how many teams leave because they don't have a banner/logo? Business first smiley
Sounds good.

Bath Rovers (world cup winner) 1 July 2015, 06:00
Why have my team results declined so much this season? I should be at the top of my keGue. Has something changed in the results programme?

Great Western Railway (Brexit Now) 1 July 2015, 07:59
Bath Rovers wrote:
Why have my team results declined so much this season? I should be at the top of my keGue. Has something changed in the results programme?
Maybe you are getting a dose of your own medicine?

The Dark Carnival (Orzel) 1 July 2015, 09:03
Bath Rovers wrote:
No questions about individual clubs please. Bardur and the devs won't have time to look at every different club. The last question about changes in the results programme is fine.

Teufel hunden (Another Vacation) 1 July 2015, 10:55
The Dark Carnival wrote:
Bath Rovers wrote:
No questions about individual clubs please. Bardur and the devs won't have time to look at every different club. The last question about changes in the results programme is fine.
honestly, i think it makes for a nice touch to the game that you can lose to any team at any given point. it really makes the game more realistic. what would be the point of playing the match if the better team always won?