Forums

Miscellaneous

Inter-league cup

Posted in Ideas/development

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 11 September 2016, 17:24
How about an cup for your league each season. Every team would then have a 1/16 chance of winning a cup

Harlem Heroes (NCC Legend) 13 September 2016, 15:35
Good idea. Would give all teams something to play for each week.

Whittall United (Grant) 13 September 2016, 18:08
I believe i've been against this idea in the past, maybe im going soft in my old age, but i don't see why not smiley

Still gonna, add a reason why not though, which i believe will be the reason for not doing it and thats server strain.

Deleted club 13 September 2016, 18:10
lol....not much worse than straining your server........but I think that there is merit in the suggestion....it may make it harder to find slots for friendlies though.....

Dynamo FF (Idk man) 13 September 2016, 18:49
Not a bad idea,they could add a bit of money in smiley

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 14 September 2016, 00:09
FC Grant United wrote:
I believe i've been against this idea in the past, maybe im going soft in my old age, but i don't see why not smiley

Still gonna, add a reason why not though, which i believe will be the reason for not doing it and thats server strain.
I agree with the strain. Perhaps they could reduce the available friendly slots to accommodate. Surely a competitive cup for all is worth less friendlies.

They could even name each division after a town in that country. Imagine trying to collect them all (hard to get in every group in division 6 for example due to randomness)

Deleted club 14 September 2016, 13:23
Understated Excellence wrote:
FC Grant United wrote:

I agree with the strain. Perhaps they could reduce the available friendly slots to accommodate. Surely a competitive cup for all is worth less friendlies.

They could even name each division after a town in that country. Imagine trying to collect them all (hard to get in every group in division 6 for example due to randomness)
Depends on the friendlies....I wouldn't think it would be particularly healthy for the game if there wasn't enough slots to compete in forum-organised tournaments....

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 14 September 2016, 21:15
You can have 5 friendlies a day I think, maybe more? Anybody know?

Understated Excellence (Messiah) 14 September 2016, 21:16
I think it will give most a cup competition to really go at and try and win. Not all though. Some Giants hiding in lower leagues

Rangers FootbalI Club (PK) Forum moderator 14 September 2016, 21:40
Understated Excellence wrote:
You can have 5 friendlies a day I think, maybe more? Anybody know?
Last I knew it was 6 or 7 a week.